8 oz lean Red Meat, 3 cups (cooked) of rice, greens
    60 g p, 95 g c, 19 g f

9:30 PM: Meal 5
    1 can Tuna, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp mayo, 2 scoops casien
    82 g p, 40 g c, 19 g f

New Totals

Non-Training day: 3640 cals, 345 g protein, 425 g carbs, 68 g fat

Training day: 4240 cals, 395 g protein, 525 g carbs, 68 g fat

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

Comments / answers to questions:

I know that whey protein first thing in the morning is optimal, but I'm trying to get as much from whole foods as possible. Eggs are one of the fastest absorbing whole food proteins, so I'm going to stick with that in the AM. I can't eat cottage cheese, so I'll [reluctantly] use a casein shake at night.

Oatmeal has 3 grams of fat per .5 cup dry. 2 cups, therefore, has 12 grams of fat.

For the greens, I eat a 10 oz bag of spinach each day. For variety, I eat broccoli.

Rado, I'm not too concerned about the sodium in tuna. My blood pressure is good, and I'm not concerned about the bloat. any other reasons to avoid tuna?

Routine (1:30 to 2 minutes rest between sets). This will be periodized down to powerlifting sets and reps (about 3/4 sets and reps, dropping the extra exercises, i.e. back ext).

Monday – LOWER BODY
    Squats 5 x 5
    Heavy Rows 3 x 5
    Back Ext 3 x 8
    Calf 2 x 6

Tuesday – UPPER BODY
    Flat Bbell Bench 5 x 5
    Weighted Pull Ups 4 x 6
    Standing Military Press 5 x 5
    Straight Bar Curls 3 x 6

Wednesday – Abs and Core Work

Thursday – LOWER BODY
    Deads 5 x 5
    Lunges 4 x 6
    Good Mornings 3 x 6
    Calf 2 x 6

Friday – UPPER BODY
    Incline Barbell Bench 5 x 5
    Heavy Rows 4 x 6
    Dips 3 x 6

Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Off

Comment

I think the diet looks pretty good now. Good luck with the bulking--they're a lot more fun than cutting!

Comment

Originally posted by Curls4dGirls
        Thanks for all the comments. Here's the revised diet:

8:45 AM: Meal 1
        10 Egg whites, 2 cups oats, raisins
        60 g p, 104 g c, 12 g f

11:30 AM: Meal 2
        7.5 oz Chicken, 12 oz sweet potatoes, 6 g flax, greens
        71 g p, 93 g c, 9 g f

Workout 1:30 - 2:30

2:45 PM: PWO Shake

50g dextrose, 50 g malto, 50 g protein.

3:45 PM: Meal 3
        7.5 oz chicken, 12 oz sweet potatoes, 6 g fish oil, greens
        71 g p, 93 g c, 9 g f

6:30 PM: Meal 4
        8 oz lean Red Meat, 3 cups (cooked) of rice, greens
        60 g p, 95 g c, 19 g f

9:30 PM: Meal 5
        1 can Tuna, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, 1 tbsp mayo, 2 scoops casien
        82 g p, 40 g c, 19 g f

New Totals

Non-Training day: 3640 cals, 345 g protein, 425 g carbs, 68 g fat

Training day: 4240 cals, 395 g protein, 525 g carbs, 68 g fat

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

Comments / answers to questions:

I know that whey protein first thing in the morning is optimal, but I'm trying to get as much from whole foods as possible. Eggs are one of the fastest absorbing whole food proteins, so I'm going to stick with that in the AM. I can't eat cottage cheese, so I'll [reluctantly] use a casein shake at night.

Oatmeal has 3 grams of fat per .5 cup dry. 2 cups, therefore, has 12 grams of fat.

For the greens, I eat a 10 oz bag of spinach each day. For variety, I eat broccoli.

Rado, I'm not too concerned about the sodium in tuna. My blood pressure is good, and I'm not concerned about the bloat. any other reasons to avoid tuna?

Routine (1:30 to 2 minutes rest between sets). This will be periodized down to powerlifting sets and reps (about 3/4 sets and reps, dropping the extra exercises, i.e. back ext).

Monday – LOWER BODY
        Squats 5 x 5
        Heavy Rows 3 x 5
        Back Ext 3 x 8
        Calf 2 x 6

Tuesday – UPPER BODY
        Flat Bbell Bench 5 x 5
        Weighted Pull Ups 4 x 6
        Straight Bar Curls 3 x 6

Wednesday – Abs and Core Work

Thursday – LOWER BODY
        Deads 5 x 5
        Lunges 4 x 6
        Good Mornings 3 x 6
        Calf 2 x 6

Friday – UPPER BODY
        Incline Barbell Bench 5 x 5
        Heavy Rows 4 x 6
        Dips 3 x 6

Sat: Cardio
        Sun: Off

Hey bro, sorry it's taken me forever to respond, I graduate in a couple months and lucky for me I've been going on a lot of interviews but anyhow.

Diet looks real solid bro, you've definitely done your homework.

My suggestions though:

Some meals you have a LOT of protein, I'd throw in ginger root (I'm a big fan) in these meals to help you absorb more of the protein OR cut down on your protein and just add another meal somewhere. I'd also throw in some Vitamin C in your first meal and also post workout. Another thing I'm starting to be an advocate of is taking your post workout shake and splitting it up so that you drink half before your workout and half after. As far as your rice, I take it that your eating brown rice and not white? And for bread I prefer sourdough or pumpernickel over wheat (lower GI even though your not cutting just an idea). AND yes, lots of people suggest a shake in the morning AND yes it is better to eat whole foods, SO what you could do is have a shake right when you wake up and then an hour later eat your whole foods meal. Gotta go to class, I'll try to comment more when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
          Hey bro, sorry it's taken me forever to respond, I graduate in a couple months and lucky for me I've been going on a lot of interviews but anyhow.

Diet looks real solid bro, you've definitely done your homework.

My suggestions though:

Some meals you have a LOT of protein, I'd throw in ginger root (I'm a big fan) in these meals to help you absorb more of the protein OR cut down on your protein and just add another meal somewhere. I'd also throw in some Vitamin C in your first meal and also post workout. Another thing I'm starting to be an advocate of is taking your post workout shake and splitting it up so that you drink half before your workout and half after. As far as your rice, I take it that your eating brown rice and not white? And for bread I prefer sourdough or pumpernickel over wheat (lower GI even though your not cutting just an idea). AND yes, lots of people suggest a shake in the morning AND yes it is better to eat whole foods, SO what you could do is have a shake right when you wake up and then an hour later eat your whole foods meal. Gotta go to class, I'll try to comment more when I get back.
          Good comments. Haven't heard of the digestive properties of ginger, but I'll be taking it from now on. thx.

Comment

Working...
          X