No announcement yet.

Who Makes this Preacher Curl Machine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Makes this Preacher Curl Machine???

I'm looking for the name of a plate loaded preacher curl machine that has 3 different places to place the plates. It is made to target load the biceps. Weight on the top position makes the beginning of the range really tough & bottom makes the end tough.

I've not been able to find it online, & I won't be returning to the gym that I found it at. Any ideas? Thx.

Call the gym and ask...might be the easiest way. My gym has a plate loaded preacher curl but not with the different positions. Sounds pretty good though...

Comment

Calling is a good idea. My gym has a machine and a plate loaded - but neither has different positions.

Comment

Hammer Strength? Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          Hammer Strength? Can you post a pic of what you are talking about?
          I'm sure you'll have a laugh at this. Anyway, the handles and weighted portion move in unison. The diagram on the machine recommends doing each position as a set or a superset...say 5 in the middle, 5 bottom, 5 top, & if you want extra, do 5 w/the middle & bottom simultaneously followed by 5 w/the top & middle.
          Attached Files

Comment

hahaha ^ that is awesome. "sonofbone 2008" :rofl:

i have never seen a contraption like that in my life bro. was this equipment old or new? could it have been homemade?

Comment

hahaha ^ that is awesome. "sonofbone 2008" :rofl:

i have never seen a contraption like that in my life bro. was this equipment old or new? could it have been homemade?
              I called the gym, and they're supposed to call me back...we'll see. Anyway, it is definitely a commercial piece of equipment. I'm guessing it weighs between 2 - 300 lbs. I'm sure my cave drawing is missing several pieces of the structure, but that is the basic shape.

I've never seen it before. My wife was really excited when she saw it. She said she'd used a couple before. I'd say it was a similar feel when super setting to doing 21's. I normally don't like preacher type machines, but this thing rocks.

Also, I'm pretty impressed w/this franchise thus far...24 hour fitness. Some healthy guys and really nice equipment in the two I've been to thus far. These places are mainly in the west and Texas.

Anyway, I'll list the name when they call back.

Comment

my gym has one I think its an icarian or cybex? not sure. will check today. we do 21s on it to DIE for. :P

Comment

I've never seen that, but my gym has Strive machines where you can adjust the tension by moving a pin. I always just leave it in the middle though...

Comment

any idea of what this sucker is called?

Comment

great picture lol

I know exactly what you mean, I've used one at an old gym I used to go to. Its like on one setting the weight gets progressively heavier, the other progressively lighter or balanced.

Don't know the name though looks like ww is your best bet, I'm sure she has her camera at the ready LOL

Comment

hey WW, what the hell is the name?? :P

Comment

hey WW, what the hell is the name?? :P
                          lol.. I did Bis yesterday and didn't use it and forgot to check bwhahaha.

I think it is made by cybex.

let me google.. geez.

Comment

there was one of these at the old P-house i used to workout at. i believe the maker is Strive. the owner is a buddy of mine, i will call him today and find out for sure.

soneofabone- that picture is a damn good drawing-

Comment

Strive is the maker--they made several pcs. of eqiment with this ame thought in mind. i have a link that shows a pic. and also i believe it is for sale.

www.usedgymequipment.com/images/strive1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X