Crystal Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Light

damn this shit is good. only 5 calories per pouch too. fruit punch is good and strawberry/orange/bannana is the fuckin titties! is this stuff ok to drink like half of your water with? will it cause extra fat gain while bulking up or less fat loss when you are trying to cut up??

You wont gain fat or anything like that. But, there are chemicals in Crystal light that I wouldn't want to be drinking a ton of each day. A few glasses is fine but not a gallon per day etc..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      You wont gain fat or anything like that. But, there are chemicals in Crystal light that I wouldn't want to be drinking a ton of each day. A few glasses is fine but not a gallon per day etc..
      Yeah I usually make it by the gallon, but it takes me 3 or 4 days to go through the whole thing. I gotta have it with breakfast. I hate plain water with breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
        Yeah I usually make it by the gallon, but it takes me 3 or 4 days to go through
        yea, that is fine.

Comment

I started making just brewed sugarless ice tea when I want something with flavor or just squeeze lemons into your water, that is good. like bouncer said, "sugar-free" drinks have shit worse than sugar in them, your body doesn't need that either.

Comment

I think Crystal Light is sweetened with Nutrasweet. Unless you are drinking multiple gallons of the stuff a day, it is probably ok, but I have given up drinking diet drinks that have any aspartame/Nutrasweet in it because I don't really see any need to ingest that stuff.

Comment

I used to live on this stuff, lol.

WATER is how I roll now... and espresso in the mornings, heh :D

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                I think Crystal Light is sweetened with Nutrasweet. Unless you are drinking multiple gallons of the stuff a day, it is probably ok, but I have given up drinking diet drinks that have any aspartame/Nutrasweet in it because I don't really see any need to ingest that stuff.
                Crystal Light is usually sweetened with aspartame, but the newer prepared beverages are now sweetened with sucralose.

Comment

Yeah i agree with B, i would avoid the aspartame its in everything these days.

Comment

anything that "tastes" like sugar but is not basically is a sugar molecule altered in some way. probably along the same lines as fats that are altered, we will find out someday soon how dangerous they are for us. stick with clean drinks or if you are gonna drink something just have the damn real sugar and limit it :D

Comment

i usually have like a glass or two of crystal light a week. (my girl buys it.) stonecold, do you think a glass or 2 a week is bad?

Comment

Originally posted by adamuscle View Post
                        i usually have like a glass or two of crystal light a week. (my girl buys it.) stonecold, do you think a glass or 2 a week is bad?
                        no cuz that is like asking if 2 beers or 2 cigarettes or 2 cc's of test are bad for you. everything I do I take into consideration. so when I am on a heavy cycle I leave as many possible "bad" things out of my life. if I am not doing anything crazy then I might have some beers and not worry. but I am always thinking in terms of the "wholeness" of my vices. not individual ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
                          anything that "tastes" like sugar but is not basically is a sugar molecule altered in some way. probably along the same lines as fats that are altered, we will find out someday soon how dangerous they are for us. stick with clean drinks or if you are gonna drink something just have the damn real sugar and limit it :D
                          Good call.... my wife has been on my case to ditch Splenda as well. I might do that and just add some fresh fruit if I want things sweetened.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            Good call.... my wife has been on my case to ditch Splenda as well. I might do that and just add some fresh fruit if I want things sweetened.

That's a great way to naturally sweeten your water - orange, lime, lemon....

Also great for food :)

Comment

I'll take my water straight up, no lemon. when you have sweet drinks it just makes the bland food taste worse. I do like the new zero carb rockstars now and then, but I only drink half at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X