Diet Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Plan

Referencing a previous thread I modified a plan towards something that fits for me. Please comment as needed.

Current stats: 6'2" 232 lbs. 36" waist unknown bf%, but with a gut
    Current goal: 210 lbs, lean, back towards a 34" waist and removal of the gut

I know I can hit 220-230 and be cut with a good diet, as I have before without a spot on diet, but the main objective for now is to get back into respectable shape and fitness level to benefit me and reduce injury risk in my hobbies and health.

6:00 am: Wake-up
    7:00 am: Option 1: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of oats mixed w/berries and ff milk
    7:00 am: Option 2: 2 scoops isopure whey with ff milk, 2 pieces whole wheat bread toasted w/ olive oil spread
    10:00 am: Starkist Tuna "lunch to go" pack (chunklight tuna in water)
    12:15 pm: Option 1: Fresh salad w/ grilled chicken breast & ff ranch dressing
    12:15 pm: Option 2: 6 oz chicken breast w/ brown rice
    3:30 pm: 6 oz chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, mixed veggies, pototoes
    5:30 pm: workout
    7:00 pm: Post workout Shake (vitargo cgl, 2 scoops isopure whey protein)
    8:00 pm: Option 1: 6 oz chicken, 1/2 brown rice, corn or mixed veggies
    8:00 pm: Option 2: 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey, 1 cup brown rice, corn
    10:00 pm: protein shake (water/2 scoops powder/1 tbs of Peanut Butter)
    10:30 pm: bedtime

Currently I drink about 3 liters of bottled water while at work 8-5, but haven't tracked how much more I drink during the rest of the day yet.

Originally posted by Bdubb View Post
    Referencing a previous thread I modified a plan towards something that fits for me. Please comment as needed.

I know I can hit 220-230 and be cut with a good diet, as I have before without a spot on diet, but the main objective for now is to get back into respectable shape and fitness level to benefit me and reduce injury risk in my hobbies and health.

7:00 am: Option 1: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup of oats mixed w/berries and ff milk
    7:00 am: Option 2: 2 scoops isopure whey with ff milk, 2 pieces whole wheat bread toasted w/ olive oil spread

Currently I drink about 3 liters of bottled water while at work 8-5, but haven't tracked how much more I drink during the rest of the day yet.
    1st off, since ur walking up at 6am, y r u waiting an hour to eat??? U should eat within 10-15min of waking up, u don't want to go into catabolic stage

Meal 1 (option 1) is good i would also add in flax seed, becareful of the egg yolks, too much will raise ur cholesteral, also i don't c a multi-vitamin and fish oil....

Meal 2 is ok, i don't know how u stay full for 2 hours, while in school i eat one can of tuna fish and it only keeps me full for 45min-1hr

12:15 (option 1) meal needs work, ditch the dressing, add in mixed vege's, the salad part is fine, add some EFA's in

3:30 meal is good, i personally wouldn't eat the potatoes becuz it is slow digesting, u need complex carbs that will fuel u for ur workout becuz i am seeing that tis ur pre-workout meal

PWO meal needs little amount 2-4oz brown rice (ur having tis as ur pre-workout meal), multi-vitamin, sweet potato (med-large size), high source of protein (fish, beef, etc...) vege's and corn, and another serving of fish oil

ur last meal needs work, since ur tryin to get cut, cut out the pb TOO MANY CARBS, u also need slow digesting food, low fat cottage cheese about 5-7oz

make sure ur exercise regement is good, good amount of cardio.

As as option u could throw in fat burners, but the prob wit that is ur gonna need to UP UR PROTEIN BIG TIME, in order to keep ur muscles from gettin used. I took at fat burner and i shrunk, couldn't lift heavy and instead of seeing gains i lost gains, all my muscles got burned up.

Comment

I like option 1 for your breakfast. I do think you should eat a little sooner then an hour after you wakeup. i think overall you need a little more fat in your diet. also dont underestimate the importance of water. make sure you are getting enough.

I think your 10am meal needs something more, you are going to be starving.

i like option 2 for your 12:15 meal.

i like option 2 for your 8pm meal. you cant just eat chicken all day you need a variety of protein sources.

pay no attention to Dna's advice to drop the PB in your last meal. keep it in. it helps slow the digestion process. make sure the powder in that meal is casein and not whey.

also pay no attention to DNa's comment on the eggs and the potatoes. 2 eggs in the morning is fine. as for his comment on potatoes being slow digesting well that depends on what kind of potato we are talking about. and then in the next sentence he says you need complex carbs. lol. well DNA, what do you think complex carbs are? .... they are slow digesting carbs. lol. giving advise is fine DNA but dont add in things that you really dont know about. not picking on ya bro, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        pay no attention to Dna's advice to drop the PB in your last meal. keep it in. it helps slow the digestion process. make sure the powder in that meal is casein and not whey.

also pay no attention to DNa's comment on the eggs and the potatoes. 2 eggs in the morning is fine. as for his comment on potatoes being slow digesting well that depends on what kind of potato we are talking about. and then in the next sentence he says you need complex carbs. lol. well DNA, what do you think complex carbs are? .... they are slow digesting carbs. lol. giving advise is fine DNA but dont add in things that you really dont know about. not picking on ya bro, just saying.

Hey man its all good, atleast i tried, i am glad ur pointin out my mistakes becuz it only helps me further, so thank you for that. I have been BB for 2yrs and the past year becuz of everyone's input, it helped me get further and better.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
          Hey man its all good, atleast i tried, i am glad ur pointin out my mistakes becuz it only helps me further, so thank you for that. I have been BB for 2yrs and the past year becuz of everyone's input, it helped me get further and better.
          like i said, no attack on you and i am not trying to embarrass you or anything like that. you also gave a lot of good advice too, i was just point out a few things that were a little off, like you said, thats how you learn. :)

now go read that thread where you were talking about having apple juice for your PWO shake. :)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            I like option 1 for your breakfast. I do think you should eat a little sooner then an hour after you wakeup. i think overall you need a little more fat in your diet. also dont underestimate the importance of water. make sure you are getting enough.

I think your 10am meal needs something more, you are going to be starving.

i like option 2 for your 12:15 meal.

i like option 2 for your 8pm meal. you cant just eat chicken all day you need a variety of protein sources.

As of this morning this is how it sits for the most part.

6:00 am: Wake-up (1 Centrum multi-vitamin)
            6:15 am: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/2-cup oats w/water, 2 slices toasted bread w/ olive spread
            8:00 am: snack
            10:00 am: Starkist Tuna "lunch to go" pack (chunk light in water, w/mayo, relish, crackers)
            12:00 pm: 6 oz chicken breast, 1 (cooked) cup brown rice, green salad
            3:30 pm: 6 oz chicken, 1 (cooked) cup brown rice
            8:00 pm: 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey, 1 (cooked) cup brown rice, canned corn
            10:00 pm: casein protein shake (2 scoops powder w/water, 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter)

Other than running out of eggs this morning and only being able to take in 2 whole eggs. I plan to add in some flax seed oil tomorrow morning at 6:15. How much should I look to take?

I need to get a snack in at 8am that is good. Maybe rice cakes? It was a nutrigrain bar this morning as it was the only thing at my desk not allocated already.

The 3:30 meal I would like to add in a medium sized sweet potatoe starting tomorrow. The PWO shake will be without vitargo for a week or so.

I feel I am missing out on good fats still with that. Suggestions on where to add it in? Once a week or so I have salmon , but it's not a daily thing by any means.

Comment

As of this morning this is how it sits for the most part.

6:00 am: Wake-up (1 Centrum multi-vitamin)
              6:15 am: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/2-cup oats w/water, 2 slices toasted bread w/ olive spread
              8:00 am: snack
              10:00 am: Starkist Tuna "lunch to go" pack (chunk light in water, w/mayo, relish, crackers)
              8:00 pm: 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey, 1 (cooked) cup brown rice, canned corn
              10:00 pm: casein protein shake (2 scoops powder w/water, 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter)

Other than running out of eggs this morning and only being able to take in 2 whole eggs. I plan to add in some flax seed oil tomorrow morning at 6:15. How much should I look to take?

I need to get a snack in at 8am that is good. Maybe rice cakes? It was a nutrigrain bar this morning as it was the only thing at my desk not allocated already.

The 3:30 meal I would like to add in a medium sized sweet potatoe starting tomorrow. The PWO shake will be without vitargo for a week or so.

I feel I am missing out on good fats still with that. Suggestions on where to add it in? Once a week or so I have salmon , but it's not a daily thing by any means.
              How long do you plan on using this diet? I would recommend sticking with it for about 6 weeks to see where it gets you - after that some changes could still be made to help bring you down further if you're willing to go there...

Comment

LMAO Bounce... "Pay no attention to dna, he doesn't know shit" :rofl: (Paraphrasing)

Anyway everything has already been said but I think that 10:00 meal is no good. Maybe you are in a hurry or whatever but that little bit of tuna and those simple carb crackers arent gonna do any good for you. Any way you could just get one of the big cans of tuna and eat it with some whole wheat bread or better yet mix it with brown rice? I think it would fill you up more plus it would be a better carb source.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                  LMAO Bounce... "Pay no attention to dna, he doesn't know shit" :rofl: (Paraphrasing)

ASSHOLE :fufool:

Comment

Well, just checking in. I haven't been able to hold to that diet for longer than a few weeks at a time and have just returned home again from the Philippines looking to get back at it again.

Planning to try and stick to the following for a minimum of 4 weeks and see where it puts me. I will try to get a weight and some measurements this evening before bed to get a base point.

5:30 am: Wake-up (1 Centrum multi-vitamin)
                    5:45 am: Light morning jog
                    8:00 am: 3 multigrain rice cakes unsalted
                    10:00 am: Isopure whey protein shake in water
                    (OR, low fat ground beef in place of chicken)
                    (OR, low fat ground beef in place of chicken)
                    7:00 pm: Post workout Shake (vitargo cgl, 2 scoops isopure whey protein, in water)
                    8:00 pm: 1/2 lb lean ground beef or turkey, 1 (cooked) cup brown rice, canned corn or fresh green veg.
                    10:00 pm: casein protein shake (w/water, 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter)

The above is for M-F with little variation and I will should be able to keep it close over the weekends while not working out in the gym, but with some walks or jogging near the house. Plan is to take in at least 2 gallons of water a day and for this week, taking the vitargo cgl in the mornings with 2 scoops of whey upon waking up.

I posted another thread about the morning cardio and will adjust that out as advised in that thread.

Comment

question bdubb, when you cant stick to the diet due to work etc.., how far off the path do you go? i mean do you pig out or what?

Comment

I try to eat healthy items on a hotel menu or within area places. It depends on where I end up for work and what there is to offer.

I would say it goes far off the needed path due to eating intervals often being on the fly and lucky to get 3 meals in over the course of the day.

Comment

yea, thats not a good thing. are you actually so busy that you can only get 3 meals in no matter what? never going to make much progress like that bro.

Comment

Working...
                          X