Morning cardio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning cardio?

What are the opinions on early morning light cardio before all else?

If waking up at 6am then going to a fast pace walk or light jog for 30 min. Then get back in the house and have my morning food and or shake.

I have noticed some say to get some food in before all else, but then have seen some instances over the past about doing a light workout of sorts before taking in anything to help burn off fat.

I agree with the cardio first thing, before eating, for fat loss...

Comment

Everyone is different. I would have to eat something or drink a shake before doing any kind of exercise in the morning. I would say do the cardio on an empty stomach if you have the energy. If not you may want to consider drinking a shake as soon as you wake up.

Comment

if the goal is fatloss, cardio first thing. if the goal is lean mass, cardio after some nutrients.

Comment

First 12 weeks of a 16 week contest diet usually has me drinking a protein shake mixed with water at 4:30a and cardio at 5:15a - the last 4 weeks is no shake before cardio...

Comment

Damn guys it just seems to me like Cardio first thing in the morning with absolutely no nutrients would be a muscle-burning nightmare. Wouldn't your body go straight to your muscles for energy?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
              Damn guys it just seems to me like Cardio first thing in the morning with absolutely no nutrients would be a muscle-burning nightmare. Wouldn't your body go straight to your muscles for energy?
              Actually, it goes straight to your fat stores for energy...

Comment

will a morning run speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                  nope. blood sugar is low in the morning so the body turns to fat. if you eat and then do cardio you wont be burning any fat for at least the first 20-30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Mafioso View Post
                    will a morning run speed up your metabolism for the rest of the day?
                    cardio will always speed up the metabolism so long as you are not over trained.

Comment

cool

thanks B

Comment

I vote for empty-stomach cardio in the morning...I've always found it leans me out faster than doing cardio after eating.

Comment

what if your trying to lose weight but also build muscle? im trying to lose weight by using weight training. so should i have a meal or a protein shake or skip the meal til after?

Comment

Originally posted by bm1984 View Post
                            what if your trying to lose weight but also build muscle? im trying to lose weight by using weight training. so should i have a meal or a protein shake or skip the meal til after?
                            cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach is best.

Comment

Originally posted by bm1984 View Post
                              As B said- cardio in the AM, on an EMPTY stomach is optimum for fat loss. Do not eat anything, and definitely don't skip the meal after.

Comment

Working...
                              X