X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bodyfat % am I?

Can somebody estimate my bodyfat %?
    Attached Files

Is this a real question? WOW. If you mean it this may help. BTW are you flexing or relaxed ? Have you tried calipers?

drop your body fat below 16%. At this point you will still have abdominal fat around your navel and "love handles," but you will certainly start to see the outline of 2 of your abs.

To see the full "6 pack" you will need to burn off enough body fat to fall under 10%. Once you reach single digits, you will now be able to look in the mirror and see all the outlines of your rectus abdominus including the line down the middle.

Now, to see the full striations of the external obliques and inguinal cleft you will need to be around the 7-8% range. At this point your serratus anterior muscles (on the side of your ribs above your obliques and below your chest) will be fully visible.
    Last edited by 3v1lj03; 04-21-08, 04:02 AM.

Comment

i would say your very very low, those veins in your lower stomach are insane its almost like you need more muscle in your lower abs but im kinda jealous

Comment

I would say you are about 10%. But, again- a pair of calipers is really what you need to get an accurate reading. And, I can't see what your back looks like. If you are spending so much money for a Dave Palumbo diet, then you really need to invest in a $20 pair of calipers and have someone do your pinches every week. The problem with doing it how you are right now, is that the scale could be falling, but you could also be losing muscle. And unless you have someone doing your BF, then you won't know. Palumbo's diet consists of a LOT of cardio, and no carbs, so burning muscle is possible.

Comment

definitely need to get it tested yourself. very hard to guess by a picture other to say that you are pretty lean. my best guess would be around 8-9%.

Comment

In this picture I am relaxed not flexing at all. I have the calipers but they don't go below 13% on the chart (for women anyway) I can only pinch 1.5mm on my stomach. I was just wondering as I have no more fat left in my face, it looks and feels weird, I thought it would come off my butt first. Dave has me doing 85 min cardio per day! I can't wait until this is over! I am exhausted and hungry, less than 7 weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
              In this picture I am relaxed not flexing at all. I have the calipers but they don't go below 13% on the chart (for women anyway) I can only pinch 1.5mm on my stomach. I was just wondering as I have no more fat left in my face, it looks and feels weird, I thought it would come off my butt first. Dave has me doing 85 min cardio per day! I can't wait until this is over! I am exhausted and hungry, less than 7 weeks now.
              Again- not sure what chart you're using, but I know ours goes less than 13. You need to have someone do your pinches on the bicep, tricep, ab, oblique, and sub scapula. You take the total of these pinches, and plug that number in ont he chart based on your age.

That's the problem I hear the most w/ people who do Dave's diet. It's no carbs, and a ton of cardio- too much, IMHO. Makes a lot of people feel pretty weird, and exhausted.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post

That's the problem I hear the most w/ people who do Dave's diet. It's no carbs, and a ton of cardio- too much, IMHO. Makes a lot of people feel pretty weird, and exhausted.
                i know a bunch of people that have followed Dave's advice for contest prep. while they were always tired and exhausted. they always came into the show looking there best. i see him about once a week, he has both men and female clients and they all look 10x's better then when they started with him. he does know his shit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  i know a bunch of people that have followed Dave's advice for contest prep. while they were always tired and exhausted. they always came into the show looking there best. i see him about once a week, he has both men and female clients and they all look 10x's better then when they started with him. he does know his shit.
                  I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's doing. I know several people that followed his program as well. True, they did come in peeled for their shows. I'm not disputing that fact. I just don't 100% agree with so much cardio and so few carbs. When people do that to them selves, it just can make the diet harder to stick to.

Comment

I have to say you look pretty lean.. are you doing dave palumbo too? I have heard alot about this.

I was sitting below 7% and my veins weren't that explosive in my stomach, lol, not till the day after the show when I ate 1/2 a ice cream cake.

Oh I am paying the price of sugar now for sure.

Comment

bugaboo I got something for you try these charts with your calipers. They are online calculator you just plug in the measurements from your calipers.
                      Body Composition
                      Form
                      Hope it helps you

Comment

very low % i would say.
                        look for aquatic center in your area and try to get under water dunking to measure BF% quite accurately

Comment

Working...
                        X