• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Yogurt

This is really good and easy:

1 cup non fat plain yogurt
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/2 cup fresh strawberries

I usually mix the yogurt and protein together in a plastic container and then cut up the fresh strawberries and let them lay on top of the mixture then I seal with the lid . I usually make this the night before and by the next day the strawberries made their own juice. I then mix and eat. I am going to try blue berries next. You can also use chocolate protein without the fruit and it tastes like pudding.

The fruit sounds good - you could throw some granola on top and have a parfait.

I've mixed ATW's orange protein with vanilla yogurt - it's okay...

Comment

Granola. I never thought of that. I will have to try it.

Comment

Could you possibly blend together the yogurt and whey together?????

Comment

I wonder if this would work well with cottage cheese - I've been going through cottage cheese like there's no tomorrow.... I'll try to kick it up a notch with protein powder and fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
            Could you possibly blend together the yogurt and whey together?????

What are you asking, we are talking about mixing whey protein powder and yogurt together. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              I wonder if this would work well with cottage cheese - I've been going through cottage cheese like there's no tomorrow.... I'll try to kick it up a notch with protein powder and fruit.

That just sounds horrible to me - but let me know what you think lol..

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                What are you asking, we are talking about mixing whey protein powder and yogurt together. :hmm:
                ya i know what your talking about...i was just saying can i put 1 scoop of protein powder in the blender, and add one cup of yogurt and than blend them in a blender???

Than i would probably add the fruit on top and snack....

Comment

ya i know what your talking about...i was just saying can i put 1 scoop of protein powder in the blender, and add one cup of yogurt and than blend them in a blender???

Than i would probably add the fruit on top and snack....

I don't see that a blender would do anything different than a spoon :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                    i agree wit FB, that would sound kind of nasty because to me cottage cheese has its own flavor, and adding it to whey protein powder would taste kinda of strange

BUT, if you add in unflavored whey protein, than it might taste good

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                      I don't see that a blender would do anything different than a spoon :dunno:
                      i like the blender for some reason, it mix's everything sooo nicely and leaves no clumps...

Comment

i like the blender for some reason, it mix's everything sooo nicely and leaves no clumps...
                        yogurt alone would be too thick in a blender.

Comment

like the blender for some reason, it mix's everything sooo nicely and leaves no clumps...
                          i usually use EAS or ON protein and after mixing with a spoon it is kind of clumpy but after it sets all the clumps are gone. Not that big of a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by KING DAVID 2 View Post
                            This is really good and easy:

1 cup non fat plain yogurt
                            1 scoop vanilla protein
                            1/2 cup fresh strawberries

I usually mix the yogurt and protein together in a plastic container and then cut up the fresh strawberries and let them lay on top of the mixture then I seal with the lid . I usually make this the night before and by the next day the strawberries made their own juice. I then mix and eat. I am going to try blue berries next. You can also use chocolate protein without the fruit and it tastes like pudding.
                            That must be fun to mix. Sound good but I don't think i'd go through all that trouble for 20g of protein.

Morning Shake not perfect but i like it.
                            1/4 C. non fat plain yogurt or less (optional)
                            1/4 C. Frozen mixed berries
                            1 or 1/2 C. oats
                            5 scoops vanilla protein
                            1 C. Skim milk (then add water)
                            1 banana
                            blend and add water to it thin it out how you like it

make 2 shakes out of it

Comment

Actually protein content is 35g.
                              24g for powder
                              11g yogurt

To each his own. Just a little something different to try.

Comment

Working...
                              X