post workout carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post workout carb

i was looking over at allthewhey.com and i came across a product called "Maltodextrin."

here is the description:
    Maltodextrin is a post exercise supplement.

It is a flavorless, easily digestible carbohydrate made from natural corn starch. Maltodextrin is a convenient source of energy and facilitates the fast delivery and uptake by muscle tissue of vital nutrients that aid in muscle glycogen replacement after exercise.

The finished product…
    Is easily digestible
    Is a convenient source of energy
    Is cold-water soluble
    Has low or no sweetness

Maltodextrin 5lb | Whey Protein Supplements Bodybuilding & Health

i was wondering if this is an 'acceptable' pwo carb????

Dextrose and Maltodextrin are soooo last year. Go for a Waxy Maize starch. Vitargo is a Waxy Maize with creatine. I buy a product called Carb Slam by Primaforce. It is pure Waxy Maize with no creatine. Much better alternative than dex or malt.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
      Dextrose and Maltodextrin are soooo last year. Go for a Waxy Maize starch. Vitargo is a Waxy Maize with creatine. I buy a product called Carb Slam by Primaforce. It is pure Waxy Maize with no creatine. Much better alternative than dex or malt.

alright, i will look in that, thank you.

I remember bouncer saying that Vitargo had a formula change, and now its shit, and he jumped on another product called Creatine X-treme (or somethin like that)

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post

I remember bouncer saying that Vitargo had a formula change, and now its shit, and he jumped on another product called Creatine X-treme (or somethin like that)
        lol...just becuz "Bouncer" says so doesn't make it cool...I still like vitargo....but yes natural sugars aren't the best thing since they spike your insulin and then you come back down...and definetly for me it makes me feel hypo sometimes. the waxy maize is a much better option. you can pick it up in most of the "Create your own product" websites or get the vitargo or some other comparable product

Comment

I didn't read that. I used Vitargo once with pretty good results but that was a few months ago. Now I just use pure waxy maize starch and mix it with pure creatine monohydrate. Much cheaper and surely just as effective.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            LMAO - SOOOOO last year still works incredibly well for me - I have NO complaints with dextrose/maltodextrin and I'm not lacking in the way of being happy with my physique as a result of being "last year" not to mention that my wallet isn't hit nearly as hard either :rolleyes:...

Comment

Well I just eat some Peanutbutter toast on multi-grain bread lol.

Comment

yea, the vitargo formula change was pretty drastic. the texture an taste changed. i am thinking they went to an inferior source somehow.

p.s. stonecold, maltodextrin is a complex carb that boost insulin. not a "sugar" as you describe.

fog, grinder was joking around because DNA always says, "sooooo".

DNA, i am currently using a basic malto/protein shake post workout and i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev View Post
                  the goal post workout is to replace muscle glycogen as fast as possible. fat and bread are a very poor choice in doing that. no protein? come on bro.

Comment

Ok if that's the case than I will look into getting a Waxy Maize starch...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev View Post
                      um.............i don't recomment that

for post workout, the only two things that should be hitting your stomach are whey protein a mono-sacchoride

Comment

Ok if that's the case than I will look into getting a Waxy Maize starch...
                        its not really the case. malto is a fine source for post workout. waxy maize is also a great source. just dont fall into the belief that something is bad because waxy maize is the new thing.

Comment

um.............i don't recomment that

for post workout, the only two things that should be hitting your stomach are whey protein a mono-sacchoride
                          well that's not fully correct. whole food meals like chicken and rice can work also. not as fat absorbing but it will still work. hell, Arnold used to eat a 1lb of hamburger post workout.

also, i dont think maltodextrin fits in the monosaccharide family.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            well that's not fully correct. whole food meals like chicken and rice can work also. not as fat absorbing but it will still work. hell, Arnold used to eat a 1lb of hamburger post workout.

also, i dont think maltodextrin fits in the monosaccharide family.

of course that obvious, postwork out i eat a lot of chicken and beef...but as SOON AS YOUR done lifting, drink that shake with a carb source

what i do is carry my drinks with me and drink them in the gym

i can barely eat half a pound of a burger, JESUS 1lbs is a lot

the most i have done is eat a 12oz steak wit potatoes and steamed vege's as my post workout meal.

Comment

of course that obvious, postwork out i eat a lot of chicken and beef...but as SOON AS YOUR done lifting, drink that shake with a carb source

what i do is carry my drinks with me and drink them in the gym

i can barely eat half a pound of a burger, JESUS 1lbs is a lot

the most i have done is eat a 12oz steak wit potatoes and steamed vege's as my post workout meal.
                              no i mean some people don't have post workout shakes at all. they eat whole food meals. there really isn't a 100% sure way. for example if you cut out shakes and eat chicken an rice immediately after a workout, i doubt you will see any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X