Cooking eggs in the microwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking eggs in the microwave

Ok so this is a dumb question but I don't care.

Beat some eggs and put them in the microwave for a minute and a half. cooked perfectly and were fine to eat. very fast very easy.

question is, does the way a microwave cooks food somehow destroy the protein/fats etc.. in the eggs?

Microwave ovens work by using electromagnetic waves in an alternating current. An alternating current, in simplified words, is a wave that moves back and forth, where as a direct current moves forward in a direction. The AC current causes a high amount of friction between the food molecules. The friction makes heat. Foods are cooked and heated with this heat, but the high amount of friction damages food cells. Vitamins and proteins are often destroyed. The energy in the food is reduced. Some molecules turn into carcinogens, increasing the chance of cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
      the high amount of friction damages food cells. Vitamins and proteins are often destroyed. The energy in the food is reduced. Some molecules turn into carcinogens, increasing the chance of cancer.
      well there is my answer. fuck, i knew it was to good and easy to be true. wont be doing that anymore.

thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        well there is my answer. fuck, i knew it was to good and easy to be true. wont be doing that anymore.

thanks bro
        no prob fuckface

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
          Microwave ovens work by using electromagnetic waves in an alternating current. An alternating current, in simplified words, is a wave that moves back and forth, where as a direct current moves forward in a direction. The AC current causes a high amount of friction between the food molecules. The friction makes heat. Foods are cooked and heated with this heat, but the high amount of friction damages food cells. Vitamins and proteins are often destroyed. The energy in the food is reduced. Some molecules turn into carcinogens, increasing the chance of cancer.
          With all due respect Mr Redback as B would say "FALSE" the microwave is exactly what it says it is. The primary part of the microwave is the magnetron tube that generates anyone? anyone? microwaves at a frequency of 2.4 GHz for some reason that we don't know water molecules are stimulated to vibrate at 2.4 Ghz and this vibration of the water molecules is what causes things to get hot in the microwave. The microwave does not damage anything in the food that would not be damaged by cooking with "normal" heating methods. All that stuff you here about microwave cooking being bad for you come from a bunch of people that have been given bad information. Just a little tidbit your wireless network card for your computer network also operates at 2.4 Ghz so don't sleep on it or you may cook your brain.

Comment

^he's right

Comment

Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
              With all due respect Mr Redback as B would say "FALSE" the microwave is exactly what it says it is. The primary part of the microwave is the magnetron tube that generates anyone? anyone? microwaves at a frequency of 2.4 GHz for some reason that we don't know water molecules are stimulated to vibrate at 2.4 Ghz and this vibration of the water molecules is what causes things to get hot in the microwave. The microwave does not damage anything in the food that would not be damaged by cooking with "normal" heating methods. All that stuff you here about microwave cooking being bad for you come from a bunch of people that have been given bad information. Just a little tidbit your wireless network card for your computer network also operates at 2.4 Ghz so don't sleep on it or you may cook your brain.
              You're wrong - a Swiss scientist, Hans Hertel, showed microwaving to be more destructive than other forms - it changes the composition of food at the molecular level and it is dangerous to your health

Investigations/Microwave Cooking/Investigations Into Cooking with Microwaves/Microwave Food Hazards

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
                You're wrong - a Swiss scientist, Hans Hertel, showed microwaving to be more destructive than other forms - it changes the composition of food at the molecular level and it is dangerous to your health

Investigations/Microwave Cooking/Investigations Into Cooking with Microwaves/Microwave Food Hazards
                I don't want to piss you off. That is just new age junk science. There is so much BS in that article that it is obvious that this Hertel guy does not know anything about how a microwave works.
                Did you see this part of the article "Hertel was forbidden by a Swiss court from publicly “declaring that food prepared in microwave ovens shall be dangerous to health and lead to changes in the blood of consumers, giving reference to pathological troubles as also indicative for the beginning of a cancerous process.”

I don't really care if you use microwaves or not I have been eating microwaved food for more then 32 years(including eggs) My doc still cannot believe I am really 41 years old I have been told repeatedly that I am in better health than most 30 year old men and I think it is from all the microwaved food I have eaten :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post

It has been proven that certain foods nutritional values are reduced when cooked via microwave. As far as radiation and all that horse shit it's not possible; the radio waves are non-ionizing where xray radiation is ionizing and cancer causing.

Comment

eggs taste like shit cooked in the micro, far prefer some dry fry in a pan then scramble those pupies

Comment

Oops looks like I was taken in by something that on the surface appeared legit - sorry folks. Seems like you can't trust anything you read these days.

Fact vs. fiction | Nutrition Action Healthletter | Find Articles at BNET

Comment

I think the only risk to microwaving animal products like eggs or meat would be a salmonella infection because microwaves don't always heat evenly and it is easy to undercook food in it.

Comment

Just read something that said microwaving your veggies is better than any other form of cooking them because it's faster. The less time they're cooked, the less nutrients they lose.

Comment

You are all wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                              I think the only risk to microwaving animal products like eggs or meat would be a salmonella infection because microwaves don't always heat evenly and it is easy to undercook food in it.
                              Salmonella grows on the outside of eggs (shell). The risk is very low.

Comment

Working...
                              X