? about Palumbos diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about Palumbos diet

I was doing some reading on Palumbos cutting diet and it says to do between 30-90 minutes of pwo steady rate cardio, would u say to drink the pwo shake of whey and pb after 40 minutes of that or just do the full 60 minutes or so and then the pwo shake?

I'd say complete your cardio then drink it

Comment

So then u that its less important to get ur protein in within that 40 minute window after u lift if ur trying to cut up (staying in the fat burning zone longer)? Im not agreeing or disagreeing, i posted the question cause im not sure, im just curious as to why u reason that way.

Comment

Originally posted by dinho10 View Post
        So then u that its less important to get ur protein in within that 40 minute window after u lift if ur trying to cut up (staying in the fat burning zone longer)? Im not agreeing or disagreeing, i posted the question cause im not sure, im just curious as to why u reason that way.
        once you have the shake. the fat burning stops. you replace muscle glycogen and the cardio becomes pointless. palumbo also says that the "40 minute" window is a little bit off. have the shake after the cardio and you will be fine.

Comment

Ok, i ll hold off till after. When u say that theres more leeway to that window than 40 minutes, how much time do u think would be overkill/diminishing returns? Thanks for the replies, guys.

Comment

Ok, i ll hold off till after. When u say that theres more leeway to that window than 40 minutes, how much time do u think would be overkill/diminishing returns? Thanks for the replies, guys.
            not sure but the main goal for the cardio is fat burning. dont worry about the shake until after. you could also cut the cardio session to 40 minutes instead of 60 etc.. say you do 60 minutes 4-5 days a weeks. you could do 40 minutes 7 days a week etc..

Comment

I am by no means an expert on post workout nutrition. But, read a lot of studies and I am sure I have read recently that as long as the protein is consumed within 2 hours you still get all the benefits that you do in the first 30 minutes. I have to tell you that I have been doing cardio this way for a few weeks and I love the results.

Comment

Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
                I am by no means an expert on post workout nutrition. But, read a lot of studies and I am sure I have read recently that as long as the protein is consumed within 2 hours you still get all the benefits that you do in the first 30 minutes. I have to tell you that I have been doing cardio this way for a few weeks and I love the results.
                I did an hour today, ill try it for a week and how if the results come through. 3v1, how much cardio do u do?

Comment

maybe I'm wrong but I don't agree with doing steady state cardio. (Bouncer will love this) A study has shown that HIIT cardio is superior to steady state cardio with respect to post exercise oxygen consumption. HIIT cardio elevates it for up to 48 hours, which means there's more fat burning potential. Not to mention that steady state cardio only trains slow twitch (type I) fibers and a study has also shown that with prolonged endurance exercise fast twitch (type II) fibers can be converted to slow twitch fibers. Steady state cardio might be counterproductive to muscle growth. Think about this - who carries more muscle mass? A marathon runner or a sprinter? Most obviously the sprinter - they have huge quads and hams, yet they are as lean as their distance running counterparts. Given the choice I'd rather look like the sprinter and sprinters train using high intensity intervals - it's the nature of what they do.
                  Last edited by gdbear65; 10-28-08, 05:57 PM.

Comment

But im talking steady rate with HR below 120 (not jogging for an hour or two like a marathoner), and also while on the Palumbo diet the hiit cardio may make me go catabolic. If i were doing a 40/40/20 then i would do hiit.

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
                      maybe I'm wrong but I don't agree with doing steady state cardio. (Bouncer will love this) A study has shown that HIIT cardio is superior to steady state cardio with respect to post exercise oxygen consumption. HIIT cardio elevates it for up to 48 hours, which means there's more fat burning potential. Not to mention that steady state cardio only trains slow twitch (type I) fibers and a study has also shown that with prolonged endurance exercise fast twitch (type II) fibers can be converted to slow twitch fibers. Steady state cardio might be counterproductive to muscle growth. Think about this - who carries more muscle mass? A marathon runner or a sprinter? Most obviously the sprinter - they have huge quads and hams, yet they are as lean as their distance running counterparts. Given the choice I'd rather look like the sprinter and sprinters train using high intensity intervals - it's the nature of what they do.
                      Your missing the point though, the palumbo diet works off inducing ketosis. You are typically in a low carb state, and in this state HIIT would be counter productive since you would finish up burning muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                        Your missing the point though, the palumbo diet works off inducing ketosis. You are typically in a low carb state, and in this state HIIT would be counter productive since you would finish up burning muscle.
                        bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
                            thanks
                            You keep posting some great stuff bro but 9 times out of 10 it is completely out of context - gotta work on that :P

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981 View Post
                              You keep posting some great stuff bro but 9 times out of 10 it is completely out of context - gotta work on that :P
                              I'll try :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                              X