is this normal in a new diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal in a new diet?

whats up fellas and fella-ettes, i have a quick question. Last week i started a new diet because my previous one was healthy but the timing and the consistency was all out of whack. So now i am eating about the same amount of calories as before,but eating every 2-3 hours yet am slowly gaining weight. I eliminated all the granola bar sugar and upped the protein and the cardio has been the same,if not a bit more. This is what my diet is now...i wont even post my previous one cause it wasnt pretty

6:30 am- 1 cup rolled oats in water with 1 scoop whey in skim milk
    7am- lift specific muscle
    8:30am- 1 scoop whey in water
    10am- light core strengthening for my back for 25minutes
    11:30am- 5oz chicken
    12pm- cardio for an hour
    1:30pm- 1 1/4 cup brown rice,5oz chicken,1 cup broccoli
    4pm- black bean/corn/salsa combo
    6pm- 1 scoop whey(i know i need solid food here but i cant think of something no carb to add)
    8pm- 1 tbsp natty pb and handful almonds

that is basically the gist of it,obviously its no where near perfect and it changes on some days depending what i have to do that day,but those are the core of food and i seem to be gaining weight...and that is not much food,in fact im sure most will say i am starving myself,but still,why would my weight be going up? Is this normal when you go from putting stuff in your body 3-4 times a day to putting something in you 5-7 until the metabolism speeds up?any responses are appreciated,and i know i need more healthy fats,im mostly just trying to get the putting something in me every 2-3 hours down

get rid of the skim milk in meal 1. have it with water and add in 1 more scoop of whey and a tbsp of natural pb.

meal 2 is not a meal. a scoop of protein is nothing. have 2 scoops whey and 2 tbsp natty PB.

5 oz chicken is not a meal. make it 7 oz chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil.

the 4pm meal is crap. get a fatty protein source in their such as flank or salmon.

6pm meal is crap. change it to 3-4 whole omega 3 eggs and a scoop of whey.

8pm meal is crap. you need protein in there.

what you have done with your current diet is restrict yourself so much that you have slowed your metabolism to a craw. its a starvation diet. cut cardio from 1 hour to 45 min 5 times per week.

follow my advice. give it 2 months. you will be leaner and bigger if you do.

consistency is key. you need to eat like this all the time. not just half the time.

Comment

I feel like I need to up my calories I have dropped to 235lbs I have more definition in my abs but I am not tryin to get cut I want to add weight but maintain my current BF% any comments would be appreciated until know I never really had to be so precise about my wokrout or diet. I feel like I am hovering around my natural peak. But my goal is by age 30 is to be 265lbs. 10% BF

Comment

Working...
      X