My Friends diet...critique away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Friends diet...critique away

His training routine is posted in the training forum.

His stats are:
    5'11"
    185lbs
    12-15% BF (im guessing)

6:00am
    Wheat Toast, milk, Banana

10:00am
    2 granola bars (Kashi)

Noon
    Sandwich (salami and cheese usually...but it varies), Chips, Yogurt

3:00
    Protein Shake (Whey Protein 42g)

6:00pm
    No-Xplode then he lifts

7:00pm(ish)
    Varies from day to day

I know there is a ton of room for improvement here. I think he just needs some ideas. He has a hard time gaining lean mass...so something catered to that.

first 3 meals are crap.

4th meal should have 2 tbsp PB

take a look at my eating schedule and scale it down to fit his size etc..

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...ement-schedule

Comment

yeah that is a diet for someone who doesn't train pretty much. he should try meat :)

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          first 3 meals are crap.

Is there a formula or something to figure out how much to eat and whatnot? You said to scale it down for him so how would I do that? Plus I think I want to try it out too...the only difference is I get up at 5am and head to bed between 9-10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by stud_wit_style View Post
            Is there a formula or something to figure out how much to eat and whatnot? You said to scale it down for him so how would I do that? Plus I think I want to try it out too...the only difference is I get up at 5am and head to bed between 9-10pm.
            just apply the times to your schedule. not magic to it bro.

for you i would scale it down to about 2800-3000 calories. follow it to a tee and observe your progress. if in a month you have gained fat you will need to cut the cals slightly by say 300 a day.

its all about being aware of your body and knowing when to change things up.

Comment

first 3 meals are crap.

In addition, he needs to add at LEAST 2 if not 3 more meals after his 4th meal. If he's looking to put on mass- salami & cheese does not cut it. He needs to be eating 350-450 gms of protein per day. If he eats 7 meals per day, that's 50gms of protein at each sitting. Chips & salami doesn't have a place in a BBer's diet.

Comment

just apply the times to your schedule. not magic to it bro.

for you i would scale it down to about 2800-3000 calories. follow it to a tee and observe your progress. if in a month you have gained fat you will need to cut the cals slightly by say 300 a day.

its all about being aware of your body and knowing when to change things up.

Makes sense...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
                  In addition, he needs to add at LEAST 2 if not 3 more meals after his 4th meal. If he's looking to put on mass- salami & cheese does not cut it. He needs to be eating 350-450 gms of protein per day. If he eats 7 meals per day, that's 50gms of protein at each sitting. Chips & salami doesn't have a place in a BBer's diet.
                  good tips

Comment

Working...
                  X