noobie needs some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noobie needs some advice

Im looking to get back into shape. I weigh about 186 pounds 6'0. I am what you would call a skinny fat guy. I have a gut. I wanted to know if i can eat lean red meats on a cut and how many times a week.
    Last edited by kickinit; 11-26-08, 02:15 AM. Reason: edit

Sure you can. No real number of times a week. I switch between flank steak and salmon every day.

Post up your planned diet if you want and I will help you out.

Comment

I dont have a diet plan set up yet. I Plan on working out when i wake up at 5:30am because that is the only time i can workout. should i have a protein shake or actual meal before i workout.

Comment

a meal would be best, but you should allow it to digest for an hour before working out, if you can't do that, then go with a protein shake.

Comment

yea, some oatmeal and some protein powder with maybe a black coffee would be a perfect pre workout meal. wait about 45 min to an hour before you train though.

Comment

thanks for the help guys. I have some more questions. I was reading some of the posts and some of you like to taper your carbs at the end of the day. I dont know if i should do the same. I lead a very active lifestyle. I work for UPS as a driver, so im in and out of the truck for a good 10-11 hrs a day. This is a sample meal i deicided to go with.

5:30 wake up
            Preworkout:
            meal 1: 1 cup oats protein powder and some natural PB.
            6:30 workout
            7:30
            Postwork out
            Protein shake and some gatorade
            Meal 2: 9:30 chicken with sweet potato and fish oil
            Meal 3: 11:30 buffalo with brown rice and PB
            Meal 4: 1:30 Chicken salad with oil and vinagar as dressing
            Meal 5: 3:30 Tuna with brown rice with some veggies
            Meal 6: 5:30 lean beef patty brown rice fish oil
            Meal 7: 8:30 salmon and some vegtables.
            before bed cottage cheese with some pb.

I am restricted by food choices since im on the go. Maybe you guys can help me out with better carb choices than brown rice.

Comment

i like that diet, looks pretty good!

do it for a month, be consistent and then evaluate. if you are getting the results you want, stick to it. if you are putting on a little fat, cut back a bit etc..

Comment

what carb choices can i use instead of the rice since im mobile all day?

Comment

get use to eating some food cold

Comment

Working...
                  X