Catfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catfish?

Quick question here. While out at Costco today I decided to pick up some catfish. I just all of the sudden realized that I have never eaten it, and the price was good. What are your opinions on it? Protein/mercury levels both acceptable to eat on a regular basis? What cooking ideas would u have??

its not bad but the best either. high cholesterol. eat what you have and then switch to salmon.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Fish, catfish, channel, wild, raw

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
      Quick question here. While out at Costco today I decided to pick up some catfish. I just all of the sudden realized that I have never eaten it, and the price was good. What are your opinions on it? Protein/mercury levels both acceptable to eat on a regular basis? What cooking ideas would u have??
      I love catfish..not sure about the mercury levels though.

Comment

ive eatin catfish about every way possible, by far the best and only way is fried so prob not a good choice lol

Comment

Point taken about the cholestrol Bouncer, ill keep an eye on it. i had it tonight cooked in the skillet in some EVOO. I cut it up, put it over a bed of spinach with some onions, seasoning, lemon juice, and fat free dressing. It was pretty much amazing. :D

Comment

I cant eat seafood, actually Ive never had anything other than grilled shrimp. Im a picky eater

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadexcursion View Post
              I cant eat seafood, actually Ive never had anything other than grilled shrimp. Im a picky eater

Why "can't" you eat seafood?

Comment

Im not a fan of the smell. Same thing for deviled eggs etc

Comment

Im not a fan of the smell. Same thing for deviled eggs etc

Good seafood really shouldn't stink or taste fishy. You're really missing out on such a good source of protein!

Comment

I'm going to have to force myself to try some one day.

Comment

not a bad choose only a 1/3 of the omega 3's fatty acids "healthy fats" salmon does.

don't eat these:
                      sharks, swordfish, king mackerel, and tilefish - high in mercury "migratory" fish.
                      Last edited by NYCmitch25; 12-29-08, 08:01 AM.

Comment

i figured you for a fag. your avatar is helping much. look like you belong on the cover of one of those gay army flicks. :D

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                          Good seafood really shouldn't stink or taste fishy. You're really missing out on such a good source of protein!
                          yup, fresh fish that has been handled properly should have no smell. fish that smells like fish should be left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            i figured you for a fag. your avatar is helping much. look like you belong on the cover of one of those gay army flicks. :D

Haha, that one guys avatar. Musclelust or something?

Your avatars are fine BBE - don't pay Bouncer any attention :P

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                              Haha, that one guys avatar. Musclelust or something?

Your avatars are fine BBE - don't pay Bouncer any attention :P
                              tell me he dosent look gay in that avatar pic? not saying he is. seems like a cool guy to me. just looks like he is looking into the camera saying, "i want some man meat." :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                              X