Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison

Anyone try this stuff? A little pricey unless you order it in bulk but so effin delicious and also very lean.

I'm thinking about making a large bison purchase, maybe even get one as a pet.

A pet, lol :wacko:

Comment

my rottie would love to have a bison....

Comment

apparently Im not the only one with a cowboy hat that wants a pet bison :P

Comment

i have had it many times. very good stuff but you have to know how to cook it. it dries out like no other. very good when cooked right, not so much if cooked wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadexcursion View Post
            apparently Im not the only one with a cowboy hat

Put that in your next avatar.

Comment

just had more for lunch....Im hooked

Comment

I eat that stuff everday. I get the hamburger bison and mix it with brown rice topped with two over easy omega 3 eggs. I am serious when I say everyday.
                I also tried the steak but it wasnt anything special to me.

Comment

sounds like a good mix

Comment

I've had the burgers. I didn't think they were dry, in fact they were really greasy. They were good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Control View Post
                      I've had the burgers. I didn't think they were dry, in fact they were really greasy. They were good though.
                      I did get 1 brand that was greasy as hell. Grease was splattering all over when cooking dont know why? Never got that again

Comment

hmm, seems odd.

you guys sure it was pure bison meat and not mixed with something?

"Bison meat is very lean and has become popular in supermarkets. It contains far less calories and cholesterol than either beef or chicken. For example, bison meat contains 2.42 g. fat, 143 calories, and 82 mg. of cholesterol per 100 grams of cooked meat. By comparison, beef has 9.28 g. fat, 211 calories, and 86 g. cholesterol. Skinless chicken contains 7.41 grams of fat, 190 calories and 89 mg. of cholesterol."

Comment

I know the stuff I get now is pure bison. But I couldnt tell you if the greasy one was. it was a long time ago and I was searching for what I liked. I remember it came from trader joes thats about it.

Comment

I'll find out what brand they were. I actually wouldn't mind getting them again.

Comment

Working...
                            X