diet drinks - Aspartame=frightening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diet drinks - Aspartame=frightening

So I enjoy a carbonated drink with my meals especially eating them on the road pre prepared in a tupperwhere box they can be a bit dry and a diet cola helps enormousely.

However I heard on the radio that Aspartme was in most diet drinks and that its really bad for you and I found this on it YouTube - POISON? You bet your sweet aspartame!

So today when I was buying food I got some different stuff with sucralose as the sweetner.

What do you guys think about the stuff they say abour aspartme? sometimes I would get headaches or indigestion having toomany diet coke's but I just assumed that was the caffene

this the first your heard about aspartame bro?

forget artificial sweeteners. just drink water.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      this the first your heard about aspartame bro?

forget artificial sweeteners. just drink water.
      not first I heard but never really thought about it, now I'm on the road more I'm drinking more so hence why I ask. Yeah water is the simple answe I suppose but you know what I mean it gets a bit boring all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        not first I heard but never really thought about it, now I'm on the road more I'm drinking more so hence why I ask. Yeah water is the simple answe I suppose but you know what I mean it gets a bit boring all the time
        just got to think in terms of hydrating your body. think about the benefits. try to get past the taste thing. people that cant get past that usually cant go to that next level.

Comment

Ya I think I'm actually addicted, I'll have to focus on no diet drinks for a week and get past it, would normal coke be ok then LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
            Ya I think I'm actually addicted, I'll have to focus on no diet drinks for a week and get past it, would normal coke be ok then LOL
            not only is that artificial sweeteners shitty, but so is the carbonation. we are designed to drink water. so drink it!

Comment

Aspertame is in everything. there is extensive research going back decades proving that its safe. however, there are some other issues. they do know carbonated drinks rob your body of nutrients. also increases hunger and craving for sweets. with your goals I would avoid it for that reason alone. just go with water. if you absolutely cant do it try a lemon juice or slices in the water.

I used to make protein bars with Splenda. Splenda is made from sugar that has been chemically engineered to pass through your body without being digested. That’s why it tastes like sugar but is calorie free. I Dont know if its any better for you at least its sugar
              Last edited by NYCmitch25; 01-23-09, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                I used to make protein bars with Splenda. Splenda is made from sugar and has been chemically engineered to pass through your body without being digested. That’s why it tastes like sugar but is calorie free.
                much better sweetener is out now. Home Page - Truvia™ - Nature's Perfect Sweetness™

Comment

Working...
                X