Work schedule - More carbs at night??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work schedule - More carbs at night??

So my diet has been clean for a hot minute now. I'm trying to drop as much BF as possible and actually stay dedicated the whole way this time.

Anyway my question is... the nature of my job is that I sit all fuckin day. Every once in a while I walk to the water fountain even though I have water at my desk. Just to keep my sanity. And then my workout and cardio are at night. I know the "traditional" advice is to always wake up with plenty of carbs in the morning. Should I switch it up and try going low or no carb until my 6:00 meal and then eat all my carbs around my workout. Granted it is before I go to bed, but they would still be complex carbs and they would hopefully be going towards muscle repair. Thanks anyone.

imo - if you have to workout at night - carbs should be a part of your pwo meal/shake.
    generally the no carb after 6 or 7pm applies to the average man.
    that being said, my last meal has no carbs in it by design.

btw im by no means a diet guru. wait for the others to chime in

Comment

how are the results of the diet you have been following?

no, dont do no carb all day and then load up on carbs at night. eat healthy complex carbs throughout the day.

Comment

Why wouldn't you keep complex carbs as part of your daily meals? As long as you aren't eating a shit ton of them or very poor type (i.e. the soft pretzels they provide in my office that taunt me like a lion does a gazelle). They include more energy than your veggies and you probably want the energy for your workout.

I am also confused as to why you would want a carb that is hard to breakdown as your post workout carbohydrate. That sounds like the opposite of what you want at that point in time.

(?)

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          how are the results of the diet you have been following?

no, dont do no carb all day and then load up on carbs at night. eat healthy complex carbs throughout the day.
          The results have been ok. I have also cut back on my caffeine so its tough to keep my energy up. I am at a little less than a pound a week on average. The only reason I ask is because of the nature of carbs. I've always heard that they were either used for energy, or stored as fat. While I am working during the day, I am stationary besides breaks. I cant imagine I am using much physical energy. On the other hand, I have been going fairly low carb at night besides immediately PWO. I'm wondering if I'm giving my muscles enough carbs to repair them.

I have been keeping my good fats up throught the day, all day.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            The results have been ok. I have also cut back on my caffeine so its tough to keep my energy up. I am at a little less than a pound a week on average. The only reason I ask is because of the nature of carbs. I've always heard that they were either used for energy, or stored as fat. While I am working during the day, I am stationary besides breaks. I cant imagine I am using much physical energy. On the other hand, I have been going fairly low carb at night besides immediately PWO. I'm wondering if I'm giving my muscles enough carbs to repair them.

I have been keeping my good fats up throught the day, all day.
            i think you think to much. follow a plan for a month. if these results are just "ok" then it might be time to change things up. if your muscle have a flat appearance you might have to up the carbs.

Comment

Working...
            X