Diet check...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet check...

The last couple of weeks I think I have been cutting the calories a little too much, not enough carbs during the day, and the only carbs I was really getting was from a slice of whole wheat bread every now and then during the day. Decided to just hit the basics again and lift hard. It seems like its been so long since a quality diet, just going to the basics will yeild me some good results.

Remember I'm working from 8-5, so meal #2 and #4 are fit in my 15 minute breaks.

Meal #1 (7:00AM) - 4 whole eggs, one scoop whey isolate, 3/4 cup oatmeal with bannana

Meal#2 (10:00AM) - 1 Can tuna, 3 fish oil capsules, a few almonds

Meal#3 (12:15PM) - 8oz chicken breast cooked in skillet with EVOO, 1 cup brown rice, 3 capsules fish oil, 1 cup broccoli

Meal#4 (3:00PM) - 8oz lean ground beef, 1 cup brown rice, 3 fish oil capsules

5:30 Workout and Cardio

PWO (6:45PM) - 50 grams whey isolate, (Still trying to figure out my simple carb here)

Meal#5 (7:30PM) - Could be anything (Chicken, top round, fish, with either brown rice, whole wheat noodles, and a green veggie) 3 caps fish oil

Meal#6 (Before Bed) - 1 can tuna with EVOO, 1 scoop whey isolate

Also I will be taking a multi of course. Try and get it a gallon of water every day. Also, my pre workout stuff with consist of just L-Arginine, and every once in a while a random thermogenic. (I'm going to try and keep the caffeine pretty spaced out, because I build up a tolerance pretty easily.)

Go ahead everyone, tear it up!

Too much tuna in one day. for PWO don't forget malto.

Comment

2 cans isnt terrible, and being tight on money right now it really saves a few $$s. Any of you other fuckheads wanna halp out?

Comment

diet looks fine but i can tell you are lost. dont know what your goals are and not sure how to get them. you need to decided if you want to get big or if you want to get lean.

Comment

Bouncer, yu say that everytime he posts.

Comment

I'm just going to try and gain slowly this time. I don't think I've ever done this right. Every time I've tried to gain some mass, I've thrown on 15 pounds in just a couple months, 90% of which was fat. Whenever I try to get lean, (which I just failed miserably at the past few months), my arms shrivel up, my vascularity goes away, and even though I lose 10lbs or so, I doubt my BF goes down .1% .... I just want to build a solid base and stay as lean as possible while doing it.
            Last edited by The_Grinder; 02-03-09, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
              Bouncer, yu say that everytime he posts.
              He can be a negative fuck but I can't really argue with him here. I'm becoming one of his dreaded flip floppers.

Its just frustrating as fuck. I'm not big enough to make getting lean worth a shit. And I'm starting out at like 12% BF which means getting bigger involves being a fatass for a good bit.

Comment

Maybe you need someone to make your decision for you. Long term your goal is to get bigger, no? Why not be sensible and begin to try and lose like you want to, so that when your 'someone' okays bulking it isn't sloppy. Don't think about it, just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
                  He can be a negative fuck but I can't really argue with him here. I'm becoming one of his dreaded flip floppers.

Its just frustrating as fuck. I'm not big enough to make getting lean worth a shit. And I'm starting out at like 12% BF which means getting bigger involves being a fatass for a good bit.
                  yea, you dont want to be a flip flopper bro. you never get anywhere and you waste years doing it.

you have to take your genetics into account. you are not going to be a guy that can get big and lean at the same time.

even now, you dont know where you are going. you say, "this time i want to build a solid base while staying as lean as possible." really what you are saying is, "i am going to try and get big but still going to restrict cals to stay lean." you have been down that path before bro. look at old posts.

add 50-60 grams carbs to meal 2.

change meal 3 from chicken to ground lean turkey.

PWO, 80 grams malto

last meal, skip the tuna and have that chicken breast that you replaced in meal 3

carbs with every meal accept for last one.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                    Wrong dude...B is far from a negative fuck; just blunt and to the point...Just that he has seen(like I have as well)you go back and forth...Make up your mind and stick with it...If you can't do it, try harder man...Stop fucking making excuses and do it.

You probably feel like a fat fuck right now...And probably look like one too...Take it one day at a time and don't worry about tomorrow, just get through today:)
                    Dont worry I meant the negative fuck thing pretty light heartedly. Needed to add one of these >>>:D

Haha nah I dont feel fat, just very smooth all around, and unvascular. I'm like 195 or something currently.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      yea, you dont want to be a flip flopper bro. you never get anywhere and you waste years doing it.

you have to take your genetics into account. you are not going to be a guy that can get big and lean at the same time.

even now, you dont know where you are going. you say, "this time i want to build a solid base while staying as lean as possible." really what you are saying is, "i am going to try and get big but still going to restrict cals to stay lean." you have been down that path before bro. look at old posts.

add 50-60 grams carbs to meal 2.

change meal 3 from chicken to ground lean turkey.

PWO, 80 grams malto

last meal, skip the tuna and have that chicken breast that you replaced in meal 3

carbs with every meal accept for last one.
                      solid stuff there thanks B. yeah i know i need to make up my mind, im just in such a middle ground. although what i meant by that statement about gaining and staying lean was.... not be so fuckin sloppy about it this time. last time i tried to gain i put on more fat than i did muscle. thats not me being uncommitted to a goal, thats me not having the discipline to at least make the excess calories clean.

anyway my abs are visible, (not ripped but visible), and my arms are <16", so i think its time to put on some mass and stop fucking around. im just not going to go crazy and think double cheeseburgers and sugary shit are ok every day.

Comment

thats not me being uncommitted to a goal, thats me not having the discipline to at least make the excess calories clean.
                        explain. what do you mean by "make the excess cals clean"?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          explain. what do you mean by "make the excess cals clean"?
                          i mean less junk, not always completely empty junk, but still junk. but when i was trying to gain, and be tempted by cheeseburgers, wings, cereal, even ice cream, id give in and use the excuse.. "well im trying to bulk so its ok" i dont want to do that anymore. a burger every once in a while would be great, but i need to keep it under control this time. make sense?

Comment

i mean less junk, not always completely empty junk, but still junk. but when i was trying to gain, and be tempted by cheeseburgers, wings, cereal, even ice cream, id give in and use the excuse.. "well im trying to bulk so its ok" i dont want to do that anymore. a burger every once in a while would be great, but i need to keep it under control this time. make sense?
                            ahh, i understand.

yea, that is the wrong state of mind.

sugar and sweet shit is never good. even when bulking. i would bet that when you would have a burger or pizza , you would also have the sweet stuff. that is the shit that makes you fat. sugar turns right into fat when you are eating it after a big pizza etc..

its not he pizza and burgers but the sweets that are the real enemy.

rado should read that slowly as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X