No announcement yet.

Current 'cutting' diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think I could eat peanuts for my last meal and try and keep meal 6 to more lean chicken meat? I would rather have some type of food than casean. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
      If you want to cut, then cut out carbs after 4pm. Secondly, your list of "safe" carbs is hardly that. The only things that should be on your list are: Sweet potato, grits, oats, brown rice, apples, and maybe a banana here and there. Third, although I'm sure your trainer says fill up as much as you want on veggies, you have to put some limitations on it regardless. At non carb meals, 2 cups is ok- MAX. At carb meals, 1 cup MAX. That being said, I agree with most of Bouncer's additions, with a couple tweaks of my own.

1- add 1 scoop of whey as B said, or 3oz turkey or chicken & 1/2 oats, not 1/4
      2- add another 1/2 scoop and 20 almonds
      3- Bump chicken up to 6oz, & ditch the bread. Pasta & bread both have gluten in them which stay in your system too long, and slow the digestion process, add 1 cup veggies.
      4- 2 scoops protein, 20 almonds
      5- 6oz tuna or chicken w/ small salad, 1 tbsp Bals vinegar & 1tbsp olive oil
      6- 6oz of lean protein with 2 cups of GREEN veggies
      For meals 4 and 5, is your feeling that there should not be two consecutive protein shakes as well? Is that why the PWO meal is not a shake? Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

If you want to cut, then cut out carbs after 4pm. Secondly, your list of "safe" carbs is hardly that. The only things that should be on your list are: Sweet potato, grits, oats, brown rice, apples, and maybe a banana here and there.
        Hey Red, what do you think of an orange instead of an apple? I like eating oranges and they have less sugar (15g vs. 19g), more Vitamin C (116% of RDA vs. 11%) and pretty much the same of everything else. The numbers are for a medium sized fruit from fitday (2.75" diameter).

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
          For meals 4 and 5, is your feeling that there should not be two consecutive protein shakes as well? Is that why the PWO meal is not a shake? Thanks for the suggestions.
          Keep your PWO meal the same, but it is better to eat whole foods prior to a workout. So, in answer to your question, yes- I do feel there should not be 2 consecutive meals being only shakes. Shakes are really just for meal "replacement", and for convenience to get the nutrients you need quickly. If at all possible, you always wnat to choose a whole food meal over a shake. That being said- make sureyou have 1 tsp of flax, or other slow burning fats to slow the digestion of a shake and improve absorption.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Hey Red, what do you think of an orange instead of an apple? I like eating oranges and they have less sugar (15g vs. 19g), more Vitamin C (116% of RDA vs. 11%) and pretty much the same of everything else. The numbers are for a medium sized fruit from fitday (2.75" diameter).
            Well, I guess you could eat an orange if the nutrients are about the same. I just always thought there was less of an insulin spike with an apple. But, if the sugars are the same, I guess I may be wrong.

Comment

Keep your PWO meal the same, but it is better to eat whole foods prior to a workout. So, in answer to your question, yes- I do feel there should not be 2 consecutive meals being only shakes. Shakes are really just for meal "replacement", and for convenience to get the nutrients you need quickly. If at all possible, you always wnat to choose a whole food meal over a shake. That being said- make sureyou have 1 tsp of flax, or other slow burning fats to slow the digestion of a shake and improve absorption.
              My main problem is that I find, even if it is 75 minutes, when I eat food before a workout I have issue with digestion while I am working out.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                My main problem is that I find, even if it is 75 minutes, when I eat food before a workout I have issue with digestion while I am working out.
                What about having a shaeke pre workout, and whole food PWO? That would actually be better

Comment

Working...
                X