chicken fajita and/or salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken fajita and/or salad

i just made these a little while ago and i thought i'd share.

BASICS:
    chicken breast (i used about 2.5-3 pounds)
    jalapenoes (presliced from a jar, about 5-6 rounds)
    green bell peppers/red bell peppers/yellow bell peppers (1 green, 1 any other)
    green chili peppers (no more than 2)
    onions (1 medium sized)
    tomatoes (1 large)
    1-2 small garlic cloves (depending on the amount of meat, i used 1 large)
    cayenne pepper (1-2 tablespoons depending on taste)
    salsa (1 cup)
    olive oil (4-5 tablespoons)
    packaged fajita seasoning mix (1 tablespoon)

EXTRAS:
    whole grain tortilla chips
    romaine lettuce
    skim milk 4-cheese mexican blend
    tomatoes
    sour cream
    salsa

1) cut up chicken breast into desired size/shape (i like small cubes or thin strips). cut bell peppers into 1x1 inch cubes. dice up green chilies, jalapenoes, onions, garlic and tomatoes.

2) add all the oil to a medium-hot pot and let sit for about 15-20 seconds. add onions and garlic. let the onions begin to brown and then add in chicken slowly. let sit for 3-4 minutes until all chicken begins to cook evenly

3) add cayenne pepper, jalapenoes, green chilies, bell pepper and tomatoes and stir. let sit for 30-45 seconds. add the seasoning mix and stir. add salsa and stir.

4) drop temperature down to medium and cover allowing for steam to vent out. sit for 10-15 minutes.

5) remove lid, raise temperature to medium hot and stir for 1-2 minutes allowing any excess liquid to evaporate or to thicken.

6) turn off stove, allow pot to cool slightly. add the mix into a plate, add lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, chips and any other toppings to taste and enjoy. :D
    Last edited by mofo; 06-10-10, 09:07 AM.

Hell Ya.. me like it all, but without any extra seasoning.

Not a fan of extra salt and junk.

Comment

Working...
    X