back on the bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back on the bandwagon

i have a fair bit of experience with ckd, hight fat, moderate protein and low carbs, i lost 35lbs of fat last year doing this
    afterwards i broke my right arm and this set me back somewhat with the clean bulk i was in the middle of...
    back on the bandwagon once my arm was fixed and bulked to 210lbs at around 18% bodyfat (didnt look that high but the calipers said 18 so ill go with that)
    the last week of my bulk i broke my right hand, and basically its all gone tits up, i still cant really train because of my hand, but nutrition is key, so while im waiting for my hand to heal im going to get my nutrition in check
    im after an opinion, i mean id really like to lose what bodyfat i have, get it real nice and low, and then clean bulk again,
    im currently at 202lbs, around 18% bodyfat, ideally id like to get to 10%
    ive been thinking about doing a low carb diet again..

thoughts??

I'm cutting now, and the only carbs I bring in are breakfast and my meal before I workout. Oatmeal for carbs. Every other day I eat split peas to boost my fiber intake. Rest of the day it is veggies and almonds/healthy fat. I think it is the way to go to lose weight

Comment

could you possibly post a days meal plan up? i like it with the carbs being kept low, but the way you describe it it quite vague, do you predominantly consume fats for the rest of the day, keto style, or do you stick a higher portion of protein and moderate levels of fat?

Comment

i would just eat 5-6 clean meals a day until your hand is heeled and then you can increase the cals more.

by clean i mean foods like chicken, fish, lean beef, oatmeal, whole wheat pastas, rice, veggies, fruits protein powders etc..

sugars should be limited to fruits only early in the day. water intake should be high. around a gal per day.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          i would just eat 5-6 clean meals a day until your hand is heeled and then you can increase the cals more.

by clean i mean foods like chicken, fish, lean beef, oatmeal, whole wheat pastas, rice, veggies, fruits protein powders etc..

sugars should be limited to fruits only early in the day. water intake should be high. around a gal per day.
          would it not be beneficial for fat loss to just do without carbs? i have seen alot of people see success following the anabolic diet, and had success myself with ckd, i mean wouldnt i see results quicker if my body is in essence using the fa it has stored stored as energy in a calorie depleted diet?

Comment

Originally posted by gearofwar View Post
            would it not be beneficial for fat loss to just do without carbs? i have seen alot of people see success following the anabolic diet, and had success myself with ckd, i mean wouldnt i see results quicker if my body is in essence using the fa it has stored stored as energy in a calorie depleted diet?
            its one thing to talk about no carbs and to put it into practice bro. if feeling absolutely drained and weak is your thing that go the no carbs route. dosent work for me..

Comment

The smartest and most effective diet, that doesn't fuck up your system is high protein, fairly low carb, low fat.

Comment

Here is what I have eaten today and pplan on eating the rest of the day

Meal 1 7:30am

Egg whites (30 grams protein, buy it in the containers)
                2-3 ounces of chicken (in the eggs)
                1/2 cup oatmeal
                1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (in the oatmeal)

Meal 2 10:45am

6-8 ounces of chicken
                1.5 cups of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, green beans 6 grams of fiber)
                handful of blanched almonds

Meal 3 1:00pm

1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 4 2: 45 PWO Shake

10 grams of dextrose
                50 grams protein, glutamine, BCAAs

Meal 5 3:30

6-8 oz chicken
                1 can Popeye sodium free spinach (9 grams of fiber I believe)

Meal 6 6:30

6-8 oz chicken sauteed with olive oil and chili seasoning
                1.5 cups frozen veggies
                Handful blanched almonds

Meal 7 930

Usually this is cottage cheese. I am out tonight so I'll probably repeat Meal 6

This is typical for my weekdays. Weekends are similar but the timing is different.The only meal I will typically vary is meal 5. If I am feeling tired, I'll cook sweet peas or split peas instead of the spinach. High in fiber but has other carbs in it as well.

PS I put hot sauce on everything, eggs, chicken, veggies. I love the taste of it

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  its one thing to talk about no carbs and to put it into practice bro. if feeling absolutely drained and weak is your thing that go the no carbs route. dosent work for me..
                  the reason i ask is because i seem to respond really well to low-zero carb, and after feeling shitty for 48 hours i feel better than ever, perhaps even better than when im on!!

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
                  The smartest and most effective diet, that doesn't fuck up your system is high protein, fairly low carb, low fat.
                  can you explain this a little, how would low carbing fuck my system? i understand it will slow my metabolism, but this isnt something im going to be doing for an extended length of time!!

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
                  Here is what I have eaten today and pplan on eating the rest of the day

Meal 1 7:30am

1/2 cup oatmeal
                  1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (in the oatmeal)

Meal 2 10:45am

6-8 ounces of chicken
                  1.5 cups of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, green beans 6 grams of fiber)
                  handful of blanched almonds

Meal 3 1:00pm

1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 4 2: 45 PWO Shake

10 grams of dextrose
                  50 grams protein, glutamine, BCAAs

Meal 5 3:30

6-8 oz chicken
                  1 can Popeye sodium free spinach (9 grams of fiber I believe)

Meal 6 6:30

6-8 oz chicken sauteed with olive oil and chili seasoning
                  1.5 cups frozen veggies
                  Handful blanched almonds

Meal 7 930

Usually this is cottage cheese. I am out tonight so I'll probably repeat Meal 6

This is typical for my weekdays. Weekends are similar but the timing is different.The only meal I will typically vary is meal 5. If I am feeling tired, I'll cook sweet peas or split peas instead of the spinach. High in fiber but has other carbs in it as well.

PS I put hot sauce on everything, eggs, chicken, veggies. I love the taste of it
                  that looks good, hmmmm hot sauce :thumup: lol that looks pretty good! could i ask youre stats and how many colories this comes too?

thanks guys!!

Comment

I'm 5-9 195llbs, somewhere between 10-12% body fat.

It breaks down to approximately Protein: 375 Carbs: 80 grams Fat: 60

That is 2360 calories. I am leaning out right now. When I bulk, I'll add another 150-200 grams of carbs depending on how much water I feel I am retaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X