Fat breakdown & excretion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat breakdown & excretion

So, if memory serves me correctly, fat is broken down in the urine & expelled from the body. That part I think I'm clear on. But, what about leading up to that? Can anyone shed a more scientific explanation or process?

When you urinate fat, don't your Nitrogen levels in your urine jump sky high?

Comment

fat is broken down in the urine? am i missing something? pretty sure fat is supposed to be broken down in the digestive system in the healthy individual.

if you have fat breaking down in your piss you better see a doc. lol

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
        When you urinate fat, don't your Nitrogen levels in your urine jump sky high?
        Fat does not have any N atoms, only C, H and O. You may be thinking of protein.

Comment

Ah hah- yes, must have been protein, lol. So, I basically poop it out? Bouncer- this is your area of expertise, right? Bwahaha.

Ok- so what if I'm not Very regular right now- does that mean I'm not losing fat?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
            Ah hah- yes, must have been protein, lol. So, I basically poop it out? Bouncer- this is your area of expertise, right? Bwahaha.

Ok- so what if I'm not Very regular right now- does that mean I'm not losing fat?
            you really shouldn't be peeing or pooping protein out either. that would be a sign that your kindneys or digestive system is not healthy.

carbs, fats, proteins, should all be used by the body and the waist product of that would be poop.

no, just because you arent taking 2 craps a day does not mean you arent losing fat. just like any bodybuilder with strict cals etc.. you arent really eating enough to be shitting all the time. add to that you arent eating any fatty foods to sort of lube the turds along etc.. lol

Comment

This is pretty informative

HowStuffWorks "Breaking Down Fat and Losing Weight"

Comment

its not unusual to find some protien in your piss when your on a relatively high protien diet, just saying

Comment

Working...
                X