How much absorobtion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much absorobtion?

I don't know much to anything about digestive enzymes and I know only enough to put a diet together in terms of protein / cabs / fats etc .. but can you only absorb so much of ONE type of food. For example - if you went a day drinking nothing but shakes (man that'd suck) but would you absorb all the protein, or would your body not be able to handle it the same way ?

absorb is not really the right word but i get what you mean.

no, your body cannot use 200 grams of protein if you eat that much protein in 1 sitting.

same with carbs or fat. anything your body cant use gets stored (fat) or goes to waste (shit)

Comment

right but can it take in 50 grams of the same exact thing like ready made shakes 6 x a day and use it all ?? 300 grams protein.

Comment

Originally posted by the art of war View Post
        right but can it take in 50 grams of the same exact thing like ready made shakes 6 x a day and use it all ?? 300 grams protein.

yes your body can use 50 grams of protein in 1 sitting split up over 6 meals.

as for the shakes 6 times a day. they may be used by the body but it certainly wouldn't be optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          yes your body can use 50 grams of protein in 1 sitting split up over 6 meals.

as for the shakes 6 times a day. they may be used by the body but it certainly wouldn't be optimal.
          Okay , cool - no reason I ask is because I'll cook up 1lb of ground turkey for the day for example: and times when I'm busy I will take 3-4 ready made shakes with me, or if i can find low enough sodium those ostrich sticks haha, I'll eat like 20 of those.

Comment

yea thats fine, your body will use the nutrients you give to it.

if you want to eat chicken all day it will use that protein.

Comment

Working...
            X