How lean is your beef?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How lean is your beef?

When you guys bulk how lean do you go with the ground beef?

I always get the leanest.

Comment

as for gorund beef, I always get 94% lean

Comment

90%

Comment

The leanest beef I have been able to find is 91%. So I've been eating deer meat (ground) which is about 96% lean and tastes great!

Comment

i eat top round steaks - pretty lean. i miss my rib eyes:mad:

Comment

94-96%

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
              IntensityX

Comment

Whether cutting or bulking, I always stay with the 93%

Comment

mine says 96% lean on the package, and it is very dry when you cook it, no way to get it down so I mix it with sloppy joe mix.

Comment

Is this just in the US that they label this way?? ujghh Canada sure doesnt! at least not anywheres that I have seen.

TB, I LOVE deer meat!! wish I could be hunting my own this fall but citys dont have any!

Comment

I normally don't buy ground beef. Usually get eye of round steaks which are pretty lean, but they do not have the flavor or taste of the almighty T-Bone.

Oh yeah, venison rocks. I eat a lot of it. Most of the ground meat I eat is ground venison.

One last thing ground turkey does not necessarily = lean. Read the package carefully.

Comment

We've got a freezer full of ground deermeat - it works in everything.

I can't even eat ground beef anymore - Too fatty!

But I love a good ole porterhouse or t-bone! YUM

Comment

Dayum, no deer meat where Ilive. The leanest the ground beef comes is 93% here.

Comment

I can get 96% but it's damn expensive. If I am gonna grill it I will go as low as 90%, but if I am using it in a recipe and not able to drip some of the fat of then it's 96% for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Atherjen
                              Is this just in the US that they label this way?? ujghh Canada sure doesnt! at least not anywheres that I have seen.

TB, I LOVE deer meat!! wish I could be hunting my own this fall but citys dont have any!

noooo you eat Bambi!!? I just stick with lean cow meat cooked to a crisp.

Comment

Working...
                              X