Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 veggie calories - this is how I roll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 veggie calories - this is how I roll!

Wake up:
    Black coffee, then fasted cardio (1 hr)

Breakfast:
    2 scoops protein shake
    1 homemade near-zero fat banana bread muffin

Meal 2:
    1/2 cup lentils
    1/4 cup rice
    Veggies
    1 cup cottage cheese

Meal 3:
    Same as 2

Meal 4: Snack
    2 slices of whole wheat bread
    1 tbsp almond butter
    No sugar jam

Post workout:
    Protein shake (2 scoops) + creatine
    Grape juice

Dinner:
    2 low-carb tortillas with steamed or sauteed veggies
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 tbsp flaxseed oil

Total:

Calories: 2000
    Fat: 38g (17%)
    Carbs: 200g (39%)
    Protein: 215g (44%)

Meal 4 is a bit ehh. Some bread and PB. Come on bro, that isn't any kind of muscle building meal. Get some some protein in there even a scoop of protein powder.

All other meals look fine but meal 4 is for gays. :D

Comment

Just trying to hit the macros, bro. Without it, I'm a bit short on carbs. I've already got enough protein - not sure if I can stomach another scoop of protein.. ugh.

I wouldn't even count Meal 4 as a meal. It is just a snack before lifting. The sandwich plus a cup of black coffee fills up the stomach and gives a bit of energy for lifting.

Comment

BTW, I posted this just to show how a veggie can hit the macros that a bodybuilding diet demands. May not be the most appetizing diet to anyone (not even to me), but one has to do what is necessary. The ends justify the means.

Comment

justify the means over a steak bro.

Comment

Originally posted by henrysiek
            justify the means over a steak bro.
            One more mother fucker say something about him eating a steak. Just one more and I'm gonna rage. HE DON'T EAT MEAT NOW STFU

Comment

Scrum, you prob mentioned this before but do you eat eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                One more mother fucker say something about him eating a steak. Just one more and I'm gonna rage. HE DON'T EAT MEAT NOW STFU
                Scrum you should have some steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                  Scrum, you prob mentioned this before but do you eat eggs?
                  No. No good reason why because eggs are not fertilized and don't represent the taking of a life. More cultural and religious - my family never did when I was growing up and I never have either.

Comment

You finally admit it's for religion! I knew you weren't a Sophisticat like me! I bet you go to church on Sundays!

Comment

My parents are religious. When I was brought up, I didn't really have too much of a choice on that. I haven't lived at home since I was 17 years old and moved to college. I have been pretty much agnostic for my entire adult life - don't believe in any divine power other than the laws of physics.

My point is that growing up, I have never eaten eggs and somehow have never started when I was on my own either.

Religion is for the weak-minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                        My parents are religious. When I was brought up, I didn't really have too much of a choice on that. I haven't lived at home since I was 17 years old and moved to college. I have been pretty much agnostic for my entire adult life - don't believe in any divine power other than the laws of physics.

My point is that growing up, I have never eaten eggs and somehow have never started when I was on my own either.

Religion is for the weak-minded.
                        Yea but your current diet is driven by religion. Weak minded!

Comment

Originally posted by rado

So your parents are weak minded?

Everyone has their own belief and leave it at that...No need to tell anyone just because they believe in a higher power they're weak minded or etc...Yea I believe in God. I also believe in you reap what you sow. Karma is a mother fucker:)
                          Lol

Comment

I try not to judge people of a different generation or era based on current criteria. Violence, bigotry, racism, etc. were rampant in the Middle Ages. It is easy to vilify people from another era based on the standards of today. But people of our current era should know better.

Comment

I think religion is a pointless waste of time that has caused much evil in this world. People of past eras didn't have the benefit of science and rational thinking to help them. But people of today should know better.

Far away from the original intent and content of this thread. Another threadjack successfully executed.

Comment

Working...
                              X