Paleo Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo Diet

This doesn't fit the typical BB type eating, but I do find it intriguing. Has anyone gone Paleo for even a short amount of time?

I like this article - and it seems to have some decent resources

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010...he-paleo-diet/

I once went pale at the thought of eating sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
      This doesn't fit the typical BB type eating, but I do find it intriguing. Has anyone gone Paleo for even a short amount of time?

I like this article - and it seems to have some decent resources

The Beginner's Guide to the Paleo Diet | Nerd Fitness
      Just taking a quick glance at that page it seems that it pretty much fits you in terms of the no gluten and your food allergies besides the eggs part.

but my question is, how does that differ at all from what you are doing now anyway?

Comment

never-mind, i see where it says no rice. that's my staple. can you live without rice? i know i cant.

Comment

I don't think it would be all the difficult for me, because as you say, I'm almost there already. The main difference for me would be the rice, and the oats. Instead, those would be replaced with sweet potatoes. I'll probably give it a shot for 30 days when I get back.

Comment

I don't think it would be all the difficult for me, because as you say, I'm almost there already. The main difference for me would be the rice, and the oats. Instead, those would be replaced with sweet potatoes. I'll probably give it a shot for 30 days when I get back.
            yea give it a try and see how you feel.

i couldnt do it cause rice goes so well with my chicken and various sauces.

when do you have your oats now? breakfast? how will you replace that? personally i cant do sweet potatoes multiple times a day like i can rice.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              yea give it a try and see how you feel.

i couldnt do it cause rice goes so well with my chicken and various sauces.

when do you have your oats now? breakfast? how will you replace that? personally i cant do sweet potatoes multiple times a day like i can rice.

I love rice. I eat it with just about every meal. Makes the meal so much easier to eat. I eat oats in the mornings with the plant protein shake. I don't like getting up and eating "lunch"

I don't even see why rice isn't included. It's basically found "naturally" like the vegetables, isn't it?

Comment

I love rice. I eat it with just about every meal. Makes the meal so much easier to eat. I eat oats in the mornings with the plant protein shake. I don't like getting up and eating "lunch"

I don't even see why rice isn't included. It's basically found "naturally" like the vegetables, isn't it?
                yea i dont know. but i looked it up and its not even on the "sometimes" list. its on the "foods to avoid list". lol

Paleodiet Foods

Comment

whats funny about that list is that beer is in the moderation list. lmao. not to sure about that diet FB. rice in avoid list, beer in moderation list. wtf

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    whats funny about that list is that beer is in the moderation list. lmao. not to sure about that diet FB. rice in avoid list, beer in moderation list. wtf
                    Seriously? That makes NO sense, because beer is wheat - the main point of discussion.

With that said though, I wouldn't be looking at "lists" or any of that mess. I would basically be eating natural, and we know what that consists of. Theres a lot of controversy over oats for Celiacs, so just the rice would be in question. I think I'll try it, and if I don't like it, it's not that big of a deal (for me) because it would only mean just adding rice back in. I just think that if I "can't" eat rice, then maybe I'll be forcing myself to eat more vegetables.

Comment

I just think that if I "can't" eat rice, then maybe I'll be forcing myself to eat more vegetables.
                      just be careful that you dont cut your cals to much by doing that. as you know, if your not getting enough cals metabolism slows and then your body goes into store mode, holds onto fat and burns muscle.

give it a try, just make sure your cals are the same. you dont need to be lower in cals.

Comment

Working...
                      X