Couscous as carb source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couscous as carb source

Just for something different; made some plain couscous, threw in golden raisins, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds. Let it cool in the fridge and enjoy.

Not bad at all. Isn't heavy like some complex carbs and kind of fresh tasting with the additional ingredients.

i love couscous, havent had in long time though.

Comment

Couscous is great. Most Lebanese/North African food is awesome - guys know how to cook.

Comment

Tons of fiber too. I almost make this everyday. Well quinoa that is lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin View Post
          Tons of fiber too. I almost make this everyday. Well quinoa that is lol

Isn't couscous a pasta? Quinoa is a grain.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post

Couscous is semolina which is a grain too, but they taste totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
              Originally posted by blm View Post
              Couscous is semolina which is a grain too, but they taste totally different.
              Yea I got them confused. I make mostly quinoa which is amazing. Protein and fiber; great with salmon.

Couscous is good too. I prefer quinoa. For some reason when I think of one I also think of the other; like brown white rice.

Comment

Couscous has a higher GI than quinoa. It behaves more like a pasta in your body. Not a bad carb and great for changing things up, but I keep it as a post-workout carb rather than something that would replace the low GI options.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict View Post
                  Couscous has a higher GI than quinoa. It behaves more like a pasta in your body. Not a bad carb and great for changing things up, but I keep it as a post-workout carb rather than something that would replace the low GI options.
                  I'm not overly concerned about that.

Comment

I'm not overly concerned about that.
                    That's cool and neither am I very often now, but we're not the only ones reading this. It's good for those looking to get super lean to know.

Comment

If you like couscous you have to try bulgur.

Bulgur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict View Post
                        That's cool and neither am I very often now, but we're not the only ones reading this. It's good for those looking to get super lean to know.
                        Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                          If you like couscous you have to try bulgur.

Do they taste similar or is it just another carb source suggestion? Why do you recommend it? It has good nutritional values, but sounds like it would be closer to oatmeal when cooked.

Comment

Do they taste similar or is it just another carb source suggestion? Why do you recommend it? It has good nutritional values, but sounds like it would be closer to oatmeal when cooked.
                            IMO they taste similar and you can make it like your first post with raisins and stuff.

And I know for a fact it doesn't taste like oatmeal. Not even remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post

IMO they taste similar and you can make it like your first post with raisins and stuff.

And I know for a fact it doesn't taste like oatmeal. Not even remotely.
                              Cool. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X