Protein powder sides effects???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein powder sides effects???

My mom read something about this in the paper, and I wanted to get your input on it.

About a year ago,I developed eczema. It sucks. Well, a little over a year ago, I started using Beverly's protein powder regularly. Is it possible it has caused the eczema? My husband had been using Myoplex a long time ago and had a rash around his eyes. He stopped using it, and the rash went away and has not returned.

Can certain protein powders cause eczema? My mom had said this article in the paper, (of course she doesn't have it now) said eczema can be a SIDE EFFECT of protein powders!?!? WTF???!

really? i suppose it is as possible as any food allergy. i don't know if it's protein powder per se as much as the different types of minerals and vitamins and the way the powder is made.

it'd be nice to see that article though.... have you tried another brand and does the eczema go away??

Comment

In theory yes, especially if the symptoms coincide with the change.

Realize that if you ever read side effects from meds, there are hundreds of them, most of them real, yet infintesimal.

What your mom read is probably true, but so minute in proportion to be not a real threat, some folks can't tolerate sun light, these things happen.

Realize in their protein powder there are probably 20-30 chemical ingredients. So, some of em could be effecting you.

Change protein powders and see, it's a easy thing to do, and might be the cure, you never know.

Best bet with eczema though would think some overall change in body chemistry, have you had blood work done, and or big change in diet.

Good Luck

PS-realize some of this stuff is just weird, I bruise like a peach and no matter what I do it still happens, go figure

Comment

Originally posted by trip
        I bruise like a peach
        didn't know you were so delicate :)

Comment

Lot's of things you don't know. Many many more.

LOL, no handcuffs for me.

Comment

too much protein give me loose stool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
              too much protein give me loose stool.
              really? makes me kinda constipated and shit goat turds.

Comment

No sides here from protein, well except the dreaded protein farts. But I suppose anyone could have an allergic reaction. As stated before could have more to do with the additives rather than the protein itself. There are some "natural" powders out there without much in the way of added vitamins/ minerals/ flavoring. Try giving one of those a go.

Comment

Working...
                X