Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet guru methods vs. one another.

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum but not so much to training and competing. I had competed in my early 20s and had a nutritionist do my diet and cardio regimen for me. I gotten away from training and dieting for years due to a retail schedule and what not... A.K.A. being an adult (all though I should have found a way to make it happen). Either way here I am trying to learn my body and see what works for me.

Some background info: I believe I'm an endomorph and as a child was always strong but carried body fat very easily. When I competed I was able to get leaner than ever before but was still flat. Coach had my up to 2 hours of cardio a day and very low calories. Ultimately I would like to never have to do that again but if I must I must. I'm reaching out to see what opinions you practicing guys have. I have been referring to Chris Aceto's "Championship bodybuilding". a lot of his advice is very run of the mill common stuff found in the sport and industry. I have been following his "Hi-lo" recommendation for endomorphs. No cardio yet trying progressively see what work for my body.

I have been doing some research on different "GURU"s methods. Like George Farah, Hany Rambod, or Chris Aceto. They all have a different approach. I know different strokes for different folks and you have to see what works best for each person. However any recommendations from any one with experience on what seems to work best for an endomorph would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Its alot about experimenting. We all differ and have different requirements. I myself do best on a high carb diet. We have used a TON of
    knowledge from Chris Aceto.

Comment

IMO certain basics doesn't change. As long as you take gram to gram and a half protein per pound of your body weight and take enough clean fats or complex carbs for energy and sparing protein you should see results.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashop View Post
        Its alot about experimenting. We all differ and have different requirements. I myself do best on a high carb diet. We have used a TON of
        knowledge from Chris Aceto.
        I think Chris Aceto's knowledge has lasted the test of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
          IMO certain basics doesn't change. As long as you take gram to gram and a half protein per pound of your body weight and take enough clean fats or complex carbs for energy and sparing protein you should see results.
          Thanks for the replys guys. Can I ask, would you base your numbers off of total body weight or lean body mass when trying to lose body fat? Also when I run the number based off my LBM it puts me at about what my RMR should be. Would you say dieting below the RMR is more important than adding in cardio or vice versa?

Comment

My basic cutting diet is simple. 50 grams of protein per meal, 50 grams of carbs and 15 grams of fat with first three meals ( I use mct oil for easy measure) then I take out the carbs and double the fat for the other three meals. And steamed vegetables with every meal.

Simple is that. It's not a rocket science and no need to complicate things. :grin:

Comment

General rule of thumb is 14-16 Kcal per lb of bodyweight for maintenance. YOu can also use a BMR calculator to get more accurate. Undershoot by 500Kcal and add some low impact cardio if you want to drop bodyfat. Adjust your calories as you go if you find you are not losing fat enough or are losing muscle.

Comment

Working...
              X