Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Of The Sea, Bumble Bee Tuna Products Recalled Due To Possible Contamination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Of The Sea, Bumble Bee Tuna Products Recalled Due To Possible Contamination

Chicken Of The Sea, Bumble Bee Tuna Products Recalled Due To Possible Contamination : LIFE : Tech Times

Anyone?

I try to stay away from canned tuna and if I do eat any it's skipjack tuna. My canned fish of choice are anchovies. I have a stack of cans in my pantry.

Comment

I use Winco brand tuna but who knows if that's just a label and the tuna actually comes from the same source. I eat up to 6 cans a day if I'm out of chicken. Am I going to die?

Comment

I don't do canned Tuna anymore but canned sardines in olive oil is a staple for me. I get them from Costco by the dozens.

Comment

Originally posted by M00chie69 View Post
          I don't do canned Tuna anymore but canned sardines in olive oil is a staple for me. I get them from Costco by the dozens.
          are sardines healthier than tuna? more EFA's or what? less likely to be contaminated?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            are sardines healthier than tuna? more EFA's or what? less likely to be contaminated?
            Yeah, by a long shot. The Sardines are low mercury and hella high in omega 3 fats like Salmon. (Tuna has mercury and very little omega 3's, if any).

Try some next time you go to costco. Get the Wild Planet brand. These:

Comment

Damn, I 'm not sure I could do sardines. What is the taste like compared to albacore white tuna? I try to stay away from tuna due to the sodium in it, but it is a great fall back when I don't have time to prepare something.

Comment

Working...
              X