Grass Fed Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass Fed Beef

I just ordered a 1/4 cow. These cows are grass fed, pasture raise, no hormones or antibiotics from a local farm (about an hour drive away) I'm pretty excited about this...lol I normally eat grass fed beef but I usually buy it from the grocery store. This farm also sells pork, lamb and chickens. I'm gonna grab some chicken as well when I go pick up my beef.

One thing I wish I had that I can't have in an apartment is a big second freezer so I could buy meat, chicken, pork, fish, in bulk and save multiple trips to costco etc..

I assume you have an extra freezer for all that?

Comment

You definitely need a separate freezer when you do something like this. Are you able to get your desired mix of ground beef? Like 80/20 or 90/10?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        One thing I wish I had that I can't have in an apartment is a big second freezer so I could buy meat, chicken, pork, fish, in bulk and save multiple trips to costco etc..

I assume you have an extra freezer for all that?
        Yeah I just bought a new freezer. Plus a have a second refrigerator/freezer in the garage. I'll fill that freezer as well.

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
        You definitely need a separate freezer when you do something like this. Are you able to get your desired mix of ground beef? Like 80/20 or 90/10?
        They haven't said anything about that yet. But I follow the Paleo diet so the higher fat is ok.

Comment

Here's a breakdown of the package. Doesn't seem like alot of meat to me. Cost me $810 (butchering included)
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X