Safe protein intake short term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe protein intake short term

So i'm rebuilding skeletal muscle I need to get my nutrition back in check and give good support.

I'm planning to hike protien levels by blending meat etc

What is a safe upper limit for a month or do?

My normal when lifting hard regular is 250-300g

If you're not training as heavy or strenuous due to injury and your goal is more in rehabilitation for the time being I don't see how higher protein intake can help.

If it were me I'd keep protein at max 1 gram per pound of bodyweight during recoup phase. I'd only up it once the higher doses of AAS and heavy training kick in.

Unless your protein intake has been extremely low recently I don't think more protein will do anything for your specific goal at this time.

What has your diet been in terms of protein the last few months? I have to assume your at least getting 200-250 grams daily already right?

Comment

Doesn't talk much about protein but I thought the info might be useful.

Nutrition and the Injured Athlete | NCAA.org - The Official Site of the NCAA

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        If you're not training as heavy or strenuous due to injury and your goal is more in rehabilitation for the time being I don't see how higher protein intake can help.

If it were me I'd keep protein at max 1 gram per pound of bodyweight during recoup phase. I'd only up it once the higher doses of AAS and heavy training kick in.

Unless your protein intake has been extremely low recently I don't think more protein will do anything for your specific goal at this time.

What has your diet been in terms of protein the last few months? I have to assume your at least getting 200-250 grams daily already right?
        Probably about 100g a day bro. No appetite

Right now I'm liquidising chicken breasts because I just don't have the eating capacity

Comment

Why do you think you don't have the appetite? Just because your not working out as hard or meds or what?

Comment

Why do you think you don't have the appetite? Just because your not working out as hard or meds or what?
            Yeah exactly because I've hardly been training. One or twice a week is all. My appetite just crashes in those circumstances

Comment

Hmm well I'm still not sure protein will do much to fix the issue itself. You clearly have plenty of "skeletal muscle" your not some sickly type.

If nutrition can help I'd guess it would be more on the side of tons of healthy fats, omega 3's, lots of water, stuff like that.

Comment

Plus you gotta remember you were eating tons of protein when this issue started.

If I thought you might be on to something here I'd be on board with ya bro. But I really think force feeding yourself more protein will do nothing in terms of helping you.

Comment

Mr. I check this thread out. I really think there is something to fish oil. Gotta take a lot though. I'm up to 8 caps a day. McDonald knows his shit so it's not your typical bro science bs.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...ad.php?t=65870

Comment

Mr. I check this thread out. I really think there is something to fish oil. Gotta take a lot though. I'm up to 8 caps a day. McDonald knows his shit so it's not your typical bro science bs.

Fish Oil Dose For Pain & Inflammation - SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
                    Why not just use the liquid version of fish oil Bouncer? Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil has more bang in a teaspoon. That would eliminate taking several capsules in a day.

#1 Liquid Fish Oil in Award-Winning Lemon Flavor

Comment

Originally posted by wheyman View Post
                      Why not just use the liquid version of fish oil Bouncer? Carlson's Very Finest Fish Oil has more bang in a teaspoon. That would eliminate taking several capsules in a day.

#1 Liquid Fish Oil in Award-Winning Lemon Flavor
                      Well if you view taking teaspoons of fish juice over swallowing capsules as more convenient than more power to ya. :D

Comment

15 caps a day lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                          15 caps a day lol
                          Lol yea but it's pretty easy to get in 8-10. 2 caps with every meal. Easy and cheap. $8 for 400 lol.

Comment

The Kirkland kid lol

If Kirkland built homes and cars you would live and drive it

Comment

Well if you view taking teaspoons of fish juice over swallowing capsules as more convenient than more power to ya. :D
                              It doesn't taste like fish juice though. It's like taking a teaspoon of olive oil that has a lemon taste. Not bad at all compared to some of the shit I drink.

Try drinking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted with water. :eww:

Comment

Working...
                              X