smart coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart coffee

This is my second day using it in place of regular coffee. It really satisfies my hunger cravings. Here's the recipe:
    1 cup of coffee
    2 teaspoons grass fed butter
    1 teaspoon coconut oil
    3 packs sweet and low

Interesting. I keep hearing about this butter coffee. I guess it's something you have to try because it sounds strange. I'll have to try it out.

Comment

Yeah same, keep hearing about it.

Comment

A fad
        https://authoritynutrition.com/3-rea...is-a-bad-idea/

Comment

A fad it may be but coffee drinking in and of itself started as a fad. Most enjoyable things we do today started out as a fad. Depending on how enjoyable the experience is leads to a lasting fad. Smarten up Rican.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            A fad it may be but coffee drinking in and of itself started as a fad. Most enjoyable things we do today started out as a fad. Depending on how enjoyable the experience is leads to a lasting fad. Smarten up Rican.
            God bless your heart for having such knowledge:clapback:

Comment

It's incredible to use as breakfast. Just brew some coffee, put it in a blender with some grass fed butter (Kerrygold non salted) and MCT or Coconut oil. It tastes amazing (after all people put cream in their coffee and butter is made from Cream, right?). It really does taste great and grass fed butter is one of the most healthy fats available.

The fat slows down the absorption of the caffeine so you get a more consistent release. It also gives me a mild buzz and allows me to focus without the jitters. The brain loves fat. Also, kills cravings.

Comment

Yeah, so you found one article against it while thousands of CEOs and techies in the Bay Area are living on the stuff. Don't knock it until you try it. You can do it with any coffee, you don't need the bulletproof beans.

Comment

I tried it without the sugar when I was doing a ketogenic diet. I thought it tasted like crap and it left a film in my mouth.

Comment

Saw this today at Costco

Comment

What's makes it healthy again? All I see is 19g of sugar. Why not make coffee and use equal or something to sweeten it. If you add creamer, add sugar free creamer
                      Last edited by dna9488; 04-20-16, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                        What's makes it healthy again? All I see is 19g of sugar. Why not make coffee and use equal or something to sweeten it. If you can creamer, use sugar free creamer
                        In terms of health there is a lot of legit science out there that says natural sugar is far better for you then artificial sweeteners.

I agree with your point though. I wouldn't really call the coconut coffee "healthy".

Comment

In terms of health there is a lot of legit science out there that says natural sugar is far better for you then artificial sweeteners.

I agree with your point though. I wouldn't really call the coconut coffee "healthy".
                          I absolutely agree with you on the first half of your statement.

In terms of bodybuilding, sugar should be avoided at all costs unless it's prior to 9am and if you aren't competing in the near future.

Comment

Dana I eat protein and carbs all day including my last meal and I've been in the single digits bf%

There is more than 1 way to accomplish things. For my body type it's protein and carbs. When I cut carbs I deflate.

Your a good dude but kill the broad statements brother. You eat clean "sometime during the week" and your putting down statements like your the bb guru of the day. Lol

Comment

Dana I eat protein and carbs all day including my last meal and I've been in the single digits bf%

There is more than 1 way to accomplish things. For my body type it's protein and carbs. When I cut carbs I deflate.

Your a good dude but kill the broad statements brother. You eat clean "sometime during the week" and your putting down statements like your the bb guru of the day. Lol
                              Lol everyone is different and people's body's react differently

You'll be surprised how much I know man. In my time off from SM I gained a world of knowledge about the bodybuilding world and the gritty shit behind it.

Just because I don't follow everything to a T shouldn't discredit my voice nor opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X