"Fat Logic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fat Logic"

So this is a thing. It's where people who are fat claim that in many cases no matter what they do they cannot lose weight. They claim genetics overrides diet and training. They say it is absolutely imposable to lose weight and that even if they starved themselves they would remain fat. Basically it just a justification to allow themselves to stay fat and feel okay about it.

Some guy had enough of this and brought up an insensitive subject that does prove a simple point.

How can fat people claim that being fat is genetics when in every single Holocaust picture, not one of them is fat. They are all skeletons on the brink of death by starvation. If being fat is purely nature, and genetics, some of those people should be fat right? Are they going to suggest that every single Jew carries the DNA to be skeleton thin, and that's the only body type they have?

:D

Reasons:

1. Internalized fatphobia. Many of the heavier victims of the Holocaust were insecure about their bodies and tried their best to avoid the photo ops.

2. Photoshop. The Nazis were inventive when it came to war. One of their instruments of war was Photoshop. It is still used today, promoting arbitrary standards of beauty in the war on women.

3. Secret fat labor camps. The Fathletes were too strong and healthy for the Nazis to keep down. There are rumors of certain victims legpressing thousands of pounds. The Nazis took advantage of these elite athletes and used them in top secret labor camps.

4. Weight loss industry conspiracy. Billions of dollars are spent each year to ensure that the ignorant sheeple shell out money to buy products that fail 95% (995/1000) of the time. Do you think the weight loss industry would allow there to be photographic proof that starving fat people can exist?

5. Evolving beauty standards. During WW2, what we now call "obese" was called "beautiful". Marilyn Monroe was a size 26. As a result, the curvy female prisoners were considered prized possessions and spent most of their time in the officer's quarters.

Comment

I got a good laugh from this �� I personally know being fat is a choice as I have been both.

Comment

I was fat for 20 years of my life, o wait I was obese for 20 years lol but I pushed the plate away got my fat ass in the gym and went from 265 to 185 with no diet pills or surgery and I'm just a average joe, so I know it's all mind over matter

Comment

Originally posted by Echo View Post
          I got a good laugh from this I personally know being fat is a choice as I have been both.

Originally posted by croy71 View Post
          I was fat for 20 years of my life, o wait I was obese for 20 years lol but I pushed the plate away got my fat ass in the gym and went from 265 to 185 with no diet pills or surgery and I'm just a average joe, so I know it's all mind over matter
          good attitude guys. we get fat people joining here and 99% are in denial and call me an ass for telling them what they dont want to hear.

you guys are welcome here anytime. now get your asses back in shape!

if you need ideas for diet let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            So this is a thing. It's where people who are fat claim that in many cases no matter what they do they cannot lose weight. They claim genetics overrides diet and training. They say it is absolutely imposable to lose weight and that even if they starved themselves they would remain fat. Basically it just a justification to allow themselves to stay fat and feel okay about it.

Some guy had enough of this and brought up an insensitive subject that does prove a simple point.

Comment

Its all about your gut microbiota. People eat shit for years and build up shit bacteria and microbes in their gut and then wonder why they can't loose weight when they cut calories. Gut bacteria can act like an endocrine organ and promote obesity. It plays a role in harvesting energy from food and storing fat.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                Its all about your gut microbiota. People eat shit for years and build up shit bacteria and microbes in their gut and then wonder why they can't loose weight when they cut calories. Gut bacteria can act like an endocrine organ and promote obesity. It plays a role in harvesting energy from food and storing fat.
                While I agree that gut bacteria is important. I disagree that "it's all about gut bacteria".

If you restrict calories enough you will lose weight regardless of gut bacteria. Calories in vs calories out is the main thing, that's what it's all about.

Comment

There are some interesting animal studies that would say otherwise, granted they have not duplicated the studies in humans yet.

Comment

I do know people who could eat pizza every day and maintain a 6 pack 24/7 365 days a year. If I mix a tablespoon of mayo with my Tuna or put a little ketchup on my turkey burger, I have to run like 3 miles to burn it off just to maintain a flat stomach.

I could drop to 170 and my abs still won't pop out. Now my obliques are a different story, they pop out alot. Just bad genetics in that area I guess. Maybe lipo would be the only way.

Comment

But I may be wrong. I just read an article that Dwight Howard ate over 5,500 calories from candy daily for over a decade. Im pretty sure that would jack up his gut microbiome pretty bad but he is in great shape.

Comment

Razo, is that an Iron Maiden image as your avatar?

Comment

There are some interesting animal studies that would say otherwise, granted they have not duplicated the studies in humans yet.
                          Are you trying to tell me that if you restrict an animals calories to 1/10th of its daily requirements it will not lose weight regardless of gut bacteria? If you are I would suggest you get a brain scan promptly. :D

Comment

Im not saying that. I doubt many hunans would go to that extreme unless they were forced to. I will speculate that if you had someone with a crappy diet of 4000 calories over an extended period of time and they cut to a crappy diet of 3000 calories when their bmr is 3300 calories, their gut microbiome could potentially be very efficient at storing fat causing them to still gain or maintain fat on a calorie deficit.

Comment

Razo, is that an Iron Maiden image as your avatar?
                              Yes Sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X