High protein snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High protein snacks

I'm trying to cut out high carb low protien snacks out of my diet but I don't have any good ideas for what to replace them with.

Example I always have a fudge round about an hour after lunch. I need something that would be quick to grab or quick and easy to make to replace it with. Because if it isn't quick and easy I'm not going to be able to bring myself to make the shit on a weekly basis. It doesn't necessarily have to be something sweet but I won't eat a can of tuna as a replacement if you catch my drift. :disagree: Give me some good ideas I could try.

Cottage cheese and almonds

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

How high were your carbs?

Comment

About double what they should be. Making changes all around and I know what I'm doing for my meals but the quick bite to eat stuff I'm having trouble with. Mainly on work days.

Comment

I just eat every 2 hours. So I have a pre workout shake then meal, then snack and so on... curbs my appetite and I'm drinking more coffee than I normally do

Comment

Cloud bread is good and its easy to make, you can put some chicken, tuna, tomatoes, fruit, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

My work environment is not conducive to eating meals at my own free will. I get one meal on a 13 hour shift, the rest I have to make do with snacks.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                Cloud bread is good and its easy to make, you can put some chicken, tuna, tomatoes, fruit, etc.

You have a recipe? I've never heard of it.

Comment

Just do a google search, I've found 3 ways to make it, with cream cheese, with cottage cheese, or with greek yogurt (if you use greek yogurt make sure you get a brand thats thick and fluffy. If you use greek yogurt or cottage cheese its packed with protein.

Comment

Do you like jerky?

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                      Do you like jerky?

I like to jerky.opps wrong type of jerky

Comment

you always have a fudge? did i read that right? lmao. the fuck bro. you are about as dedicated as a duck.

back to thread. yea jerky is your best bet. in terms of convenience. my grandfather used to make his own. you can buy a dehumidifier machine if you wanted and make huge bags of jerky experimenting with different marinades etc.. or you could just buy a bunch of jerkey from costco etc..

fudge.. fuck sake. shits for little kids and old women.

Comment

By the way. I mention making it yourself because buying it premade can get expensive. When I drove from Chicago to Cali I basically lived on jerky, rice cakes, and water because it was summer and I was dieting. To buy enough jerky for the 3 days that I needed it was something like $75 bucks and that was buying it in bulk at Costco. At a normal store it would have probably been $100 or more.

Had I made my own and I had owned a dehumidifier jerky machine the same amount of jerky would have been $30-$40 bucks..

Comment

If no humidifier...or you want to make a lot at once...do it old school..put your oven on about 130 degs. Keep the oven door cracked open with a spoon or something...you can fill your oven racks up and make a bunch at once. Just remember to place tin foil on bottom of oven to catch the drippings and prevent having to clean it up.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about. I might get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X