A little help with food weights - bouncer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help with food weights - bouncer

I want to start weighin food for the first time. Can you give me example cooked weights. Pretty sureliable chicken is 150 grams.

What about copled pasta rice and oats. I know this info is on the net but what do people eat.

I haven't weighed my food in a very long time bro. I do measure certain things like my oats. For example I'll measure half a cup of dry oats when I make my meals. But with chicken breast I just eyeball it.

I really don't eat pasta so I'd have to search online just like you would. I know that's not much help but that's just what I do.

Comment

I weigh all my meals out. Have been doing this for 15 years now.

Curretnly, all my chicken and rice meals are 10oz chicken & 5oz rice

My last meal is 16oz steak, 5oz rice, 5oz green veggy

I'll type out my entire diet if you'd like but just thought I would add how much my most common meals weigh.

Comment

chadd you actually weigh stuff like rice on a scale rather than using half a cup or cup measurements? Back when I was measuring meals I would use cups for things like rice, oats, pasta etc.. the only thing I would actually weigh was chicken or beef.

Comment

I do use a scale. Put my container on the scare and 0 it out, weigh my chicken, 0 it out, and weigh my rice. I don't use a scale for my oats. They are easier for me to measure by the cup.

Comment

haven't you got to the point where you can eye ball it though? i would never recommend some noob fat guy eye ball anything but for people that have been doing it as long as us its pretty easy. I still use the half cup as a scoop for my oats so you could say i still measure that but my chicken i can trim it to the point that all the breasts are pretty much exactly the same. if there is bigger breast i will trim a section off and eat that part with a smaller breast so it all balances out. When you eat chicken every day for over 10 years you should be a pro at eye balling. Then again you are an extreme right gun tooting moron so it might be harder for you. :D

Comment

I get extremely close with my measurements but just say I'm off 1.5 ounces on my protein that could be 6oz less or more a day. I'm just anal and it doesn't take anymore time when I'm putting food into my containers. I just place the container on the scale. Like I said, I've been weighing my food out for the last 15 years. It's a habit.

Comment

Chadd your about the same buold as me naturally so yes please can you lay it out and stipulate if it's dry weight or cooked and what type of rice etc

Comment

after all your years doing this are you trying to tell me you don't know how to setup a diet or what works for you? i call bs on that because I remember the shape you got in around 2012, you were pretty damn lean and still jacked. why not just do what you did then? it obviously worked.

Comment

I've been giving myself 2 cheat meals a week. Always on the weekend. But other than that I follow the diet below.

10 egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled
                    3/4 cup dry oats

Large handful of almonds

10oz cooked chicken
                    5oz cooked jasmine rice

2 scoop of natty pb
                    1 cup of greek yogurt
                    4 hard boiled eggs

10oz cooked chicken
                    5oz cooked jasmine rice

workout
                    post workout shake 50g whey
                    banana

16oz cooked steak or 93% lean burger
                    5oz cooked rice
                    5oz cooked broccoli

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      I weigh all my meals out. Have been doing this for 15 years now.
                      Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      I've been giving myself 2 cheat meals a week. Always on the weekend. But other than that I follow the diet below.

10 egg whites 2 whole eggs scrambled
                      3/4 cup dry oats

Large handful of almonds

10oz cooked chicken
                      5oz cooked jasmine rice

2 scoop of natty pb
                      1 cup of greek yogurt
                      4 hard boiled eggs

10oz cooked chicken
                      5oz cooked jasmine rice

workout
                      post workout shake 50g whey
                      banana

16oz cooked steak or 93% lean burger
                      5oz cooked rice
                      5oz cooked broccoli
                      So help me understand this. You've been eating the same shit, 5 days/week, for about 15 years? :noo:

Comment

Originally posted by sickk1 View Post
                        So help me understand this. You've been eating the same shit, 5 days/week, for about 15 years? :noo:
                        Yep. I change the weight of food depending if I'm maintaining, cutting, or adding. But the food stays the same. I change the way I season/marinate my chicken.

Comment

Why jasmine rice chadd? you just prefer it or is there a specific target/ result it gives you over say white rice or brown rice?

Comment

jasmin is a white rice that burns more like a slow digesting brown rice.

personally i dont like the taste of either. if i was gonna eat rice it would be standard white rice.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                              Why jasmine rice chadd? you just prefer it or is there a specific target/ result it gives you over say white rice or brown rice?
                              For the taste. I ate brown rice for about 10 years straight so I thought I'd get a little crazy and change things up a little. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X