Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Just Once per Day (OMAD)

OMAD = One Meal a Day.

Lot of guys, like big Mike are doing this now to take advantage of autophagy among other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCf329HgdtA

That was like watching a 2 year old trying to cut vegies.

Comment

I'm not gonna say it's "the correct way" or "the wrong way" because we are all different. I think an old school bodybuilder used to do that, it was either Robbie Robinson or Surge Nubret. 1 massive meal a day. Obviously worked for them but I have a sneaky suspicion that anything would work for guys with elite genetics like that. I think this applies to Big Mike as well. He certainly doesn't have average joe genetics.

I'm just gonna talk about how I feel this diet approach would effect me negatively based on my experience with dieting over the years.

1. Stomach bloat. When I eat a big meal my stomach looks like i swallowed a watermelon. The meal would obviously have to be a big one as it's your only meal of the day and i'd need to squeeze all of my 4000 cals per day into 1.

2. "The thanksgiving effect". On top of the stomach bloat, when I eat a single massive meal all i want to do is lay on the living room floor for about 2 hours and take a nap.

3. This is speculative but it would be a fear of mine so I'll mention it. Giving my body all the protein I usually eat (300 grams of protein) in a single meal. My fear is that would effect the kidneys and the digestive system in a negative way. That is a whole lot of chicken breast to push into your stomach at once.

Now I don't know all the details about this "OMAD" diet but I just don't see it being optimal for me personally based on the reasons listed above. It's possible the body would adjust overtime and those issues may go away but at the end of the day I like my meals, I look forward to eating. Jamming everything I eat in a day into a single meal is not something I would look forward to.

Comment

not for me..Id be over full bloated and feel like shit after the feed...then running around feeling like my throat was cut hungry prior to it..fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Wilson
          This is very unhealthy way to live. You are spiking your pancreas to make insulin once a day. This is how you can get or contribute to getting diabetes. I am not a doctor but I know that this is not healthy way to eat.
          A few studies on this:

Effects of intermittent fasting on metabolism in men

Metabolic Effects of Intermittent Fasting

Comment

keiser you dont eat like this and you know it. just from a pure enjoyment of meals perspective eating once a day would fucken suck. jamming all that shit into your gut for 1 meal and then starving for 6 hours or so leading up into the next 1 meal per day meal... fuck that misery.

Comment

I know the amount of calories I need to eat to maintain my current weight. No way could I or would I want to eat all that in one sitting.

Comment

Working...
              X