Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redback View Post
    Bro you are still living in 2015. So these keto guys and some of the new generation of medical practitioners believe that carbs are the cause of heart disease NOT animal fats. There are all kinds of studies coming out now to prove this. There was also an interesting one I posted here a while ago saying cholesterol is not linked to heart disease but an interesting point is that MOST people who are on keto actually reduce their overall blood cholesterol. Check out the bacon experiment, guy eats only bacon for 30 days and his cholesterol dropped and bloods were perfect.

Think about human evolution, our ancestors (cavemen etc) never had carbs (not processed carbs...no rice pasta etc), they relied mostly on protein and fat from hunting.

A lot of the old school guys from the 70's used these keto style diets. Arnold has said that there was no such word as "cardio" back then and all most guys did were cut carbs for two months before a show.

In saying all that i'm not 100% convinced until I try it for a month and then get bloodwork. I will be very interested to see how it does affect cholesterol.

Im also doing this because I was starting to get pretty fat around the belly.

BTW how many cals a day are you doing now? Whats your diet look like?
    I dont agree with the whole "caveman diet" gimmick. Sure they didn't eat a bunch of rice or pasta but they also didn't live past their 30s.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
      I dont agree with the whole "caveman diet" gimmick. Sure they didn't eat a bunch of rice or pasta but they also didn't live past their 30s.

Well looking at your Avi..you are a perfect example of why I am cutting carbs.

lol no offense big boy

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post

They didn't live long because they were busy getting eaten by fucken lions and speers and shit. :D

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well looking at your Avi..you are a perfect example of why I am cutting carbs.

lol no offense big boy
          I've been as low as 5-6% bodyfat on 300 grams carbs a day..

Chicken, oats mixed with craisens. Ate nothing else.

Anyone that tells you can't get lean unless you cut carbs doesn't know their elbow from their asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

Anyone that tells you can't get lean unless you cut carbs doesn't know their elbow from their asshole.

Agreed!!!

You can be lean with or without carbs.

Comment

You guys are right. You can still do it with carbs but I jumped on the scale yesterday and I have lost 16lbs in week 1 on this keto. All I have eaten is bacon and eggs and steaks. Did not expect to loose this much so fast.

Comment

You guys are right. You can still do it with carbs but I jumped on the scale yesterday and I have lost 16lbs in week 1 on this keto. All I have eaten is bacon and eggs and steaks. Did not expect to loose this much so fast.
                first 2 weeks you lose water. now the muscle lose begins. 3 months you'll look like a sickly aids fella with terrible cholesterol and fat in your blood.

look up how the atkins creator died. lolz

Comment

first 2 weeks you lose water. now the muscle lose begins. 3 months you'll look like a sickly aids fella with terrible cholesterol and fat in your blood.

look up how the atkins creator died. lolz
                  haha I hope not but yeh I have lost half inch off arms already fuk sake. I dont wanna get small bro.

Comment

I agree but for me it's about which path to get to 6% is best for me and my lifestyle, without being a complete asshole. When I cut carbs to 300 or less a day I become easily irritated and impatient.

I've found with keto, so far, I'm not like that as I'm always satisfied. Make sense?

I beleive both paths work but its a matter of which works best for each individual.

I'll see in 8 weeks if this works for me or not. Maybe I'll shrivel up to nothing and be disgusted OR maybe I'll get super lean but not be an asshole though the process......

I'm not unusually one to knock something until I've tried it myself. Then i can speak from personal experience.

Red - upsates as you go would be awesome!

Comment

16 lbs down in first week.

Had a cheat (day) on Sunday and went back up 10lbs in one day.

Comment

16 lbs down in first week.

Had a cheat (day) on Sunday and went back up 10lbs in one day.
                        What did you eat? A shit ton of carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by convictmuscle View Post
                          What did you eat? A shit ton of carbs?
                          Everything in site. Take away all day and a shit ton of protein shakes with full cream milk

Comment

Red, hows keto going?

Comment

Originally posted by convictmuscle View Post
                              Red, hows keto going?
                              I stopped because I was losing too much weight and looked flat.

I have come to the conclusion that carbs are extremely important for bodybuilding but for overall health and increasing heart disease they are poison.

I'm not totally done with it. I'm experimenting with a few different things at the moment....for me at my age im trying to find the right balance between being healthy and gaining more size.

Comment

I stopped because I was losing too much weight and looked flat.

I have come to the conclusion that carbs are extremely important for bodybuilding but for overall health and increasing heart disease they are poison.

I'm not totally done with it. I'm experimenting with a few different things at the moment....for me at my age im trying to find the right balance between being healthy and gaining more size.
                                Exactly shit makes you look sickly.

not just important for bodybuilding. almost all high level athletes consume a whole lot of carbs. yes you can find examples of people like Tom Brady and others but the large majority consume tons of carbs. you ever watch the tour de france? those guys suck down sugar packets while riding. they have insane levels of endurance. their resting heart rate is like 50. lol. people like Phelps or Bolt both Olympic champions many times over consume massive amounts of carbs to fuel their body. there is a disconnect with your poison theory and the reality bro.

i believe carbs for active and healthy individuals is absolutely necessary for optimal performance.

i think you are correct with your poison theory when it comes to people who are not physically active. when your body is just storing all the excess carbs then yes that cannot be healthy. so while I think you are on to something with carbs being poison i think you are misguided by applying your poison theory to everyone. i believe its the excess for sedentary individuals where you are spot on about carbs. it's like filling up a car with fuel once it's already full. the fuel will just pour out and go all the fuck over the place eventually causing real problems.

extreme view points are almost always wrong. the truth is in the middle. too many carbs for people who sit around all day is poison. that's a more accurate statement then the shit you been spewing because you watched a few tinfoil hat anti carb movies. snap out of it dick head.

Comment

Working...
                                X