eating before bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating before bed

how many of you drink a nightime shake just before bed or do you drink one an hour or so before bed? i was told today that if you drink it right before bed it will be stored as fat. this cant be right because i would be a whale.

Well your body processes things slower when your asleep but you also are going longer without eating when your asleep. Alot of it has to do with your genetics as to just what way and how much before bed.

Comment

sorry ladies i did not mean to trespass on your domain i meant this to be in the gen nutrition forum. if a nice mod could move it for me please? or delete the whole thing? thanks!

Comment

Well, I for one always have a shake before I go to bed. I usually have two scoops of whey with water just before I go to bed.
        If i don't, I'll wake up at 3:00am starving to death!:)

Comment

I always have to have a little something as a "bed time snack" even if it's just some cottage cheese. If I don't I'll wake in the middle of the night and raid the fridge. lol! :)

Comment

I always thought a nighttime shake was crucial since your body does most of its growing while you are asleep. I always have one. If I’m bulking I add some extra calories to it and if I’m dieting for a show I just use water and whey protein mix.

Comment

About an hour before bed i usually have a shake consisting of a whey/casein powder, a TB of natty PB, and a half scoop of straight whey isolate. Comes out to around 250 cals.

Comment

Well if your cutting I have found that if you consume nothing 3 hours before bed the body fat simply melts away.

Comment

All though I can't stand the stuff, I eat 1000grams of cottage cheese about an hour before bed. I used to take a shake but I would find I would still be full in the morning (don't ask me why) so I stopped.

Comment

I would have some protein, complex carbs, and good fat! Here is what I have...

1.5-2 Scoops Whey
                    1/2 Cup Cheerios
                    12 oz Water
                    1 Tbsp of Natty PB or 1 Tbsp Flax Oil -- PB Taste Better :D

Comment

Cottage cheese and flax is one of the best things you can have before bed and i also have a shake made up in the fridge incase i need to get up during the night.A whey shake will do very little before bed because of its rapid absorbtion leaving your body starving for the rest of the night.Get something slow absorbing in there and see the difference

Comment

1 Tbs Flax oil
                        2 scoops of Beverly Ultra Size mized in water
                        1 hour before bedtime.

my 2cents

Comment

Right before bed I have a scoop of whey and a scoop of casien protein and flax oil.

Comment

If your bulking a MRP type of shake before bed will help wonders! When I am cutting I have a little whey/casein before bed because my last meal with any form of carbs is around 5:30. Dont want to be in a catabolic state all night.

Comment

I like to have 40-50 grams before bed. Actually helps me sleep better. lol. When im dieting I even get up in the middle of the night to get in that extra protein.

Comment

Working...
                              X