X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating to get huge

Eating to get huge
    By Control

-Eat whole eggs. Unless you have high cholesterol, stop throwing away the yolks. Whole eggs are probably the most anabolic food you can eat. One of my trainees awhile back was a cardiologist and we had a lengthy conversation about cholesterol, saturated fat, and the current heart disease/obesity epedemic. Before everybody started getting fat and dying of heart attacks, they didn't eat egg whites, they ate whole eggs. With bacon. What they didn't eat was high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated vegetable oil. His theory is that Americans are obese and have heart problems now because of stress, the gallons of soda we drink now, and the increase in trans-fat in our diets (he thinks margarine should come with a warning label on it and only uses real butter). Frank Zane ate 36 whole eggs every day and he's still alive.

-Eat beef. Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts are a great source of lean protein but you've got to have some steak in your diet if you really want to grow as fast as possible. Lean ground beef is a good choice too.

-Eat beans and rice. Beans and rice together combine to create a complete protein, but I don't even count that as part of my daily protein. It's just extra. Beans and rice give you the low GI carbs you need as well as fiber which your going to need, especially if you're eating massive amounts of meat.
    Make sure you use brown rice, not white.

-Don't be afraid to get a little fat. If you want to be truly huge you're better off gaining some fat and cutting up later than trying to gain mass while staying lean. That doesn't mean that you should eat pizza and ice cream and cake all day. But, you shouldn't shy away from a double cheeseburger or some fried chicken once in awhile. If it's going to help you get big don't agonize over eating it because you're afraid you won't be able to see your abs for awhile.

-Eat all the time. Constantly. I've eaten as much as 12 meals a day when bulking. Snack on a mix of almonds and peanuts between meals. You're body wants to stay the same. It doesn't want to change. You have to force it to change by going to the extreme, training with maximum intensity and eating around the clock.

-Eat carbs before bed. Alot of guys avoid carbs before bed, which you should if you are cutting or trying to slowly gain mass. But if you're trying to pack on the maximum amount of muscle you should eat some slow-digesting carbs before bed to get you through the night.

-Do cardio. Some guys avoid cardio completely when bulking. This is a mistake. For one, cardio is good for you. Two, doing cardio early in the day on non-training days helps keep your appetite up the rest of the day. Eat a light breakfast first to stop catobolism and do low intensity cardio for 30-45 minutes.

-When you think you can't possibly eat any more, try carb-cycling. If you're having a hard time eating as much as you need to in order to grow, throw in an occasional day with low carbs (150 grams or less). Don't let your calories drop though, replace the carbs you would get from carbs with protein and fat. You'll find that you can eat alot more for the next several days.

-Eat raw fruits and vegetables. When you start getting up there in weight it can make you feel like a wet rag all day. Eating fresh fruit and vegeteables makes you feel better and keeps your appetite and energy up. I just figured this out about two years ago. It helps, believe me.

Good post, basic and realistic

Comment

great post...will definitely follow it

Comment

Good post man. I am sure there are alot of people who will get alot of use out of this.

Comment

great post!

Comment

thanks for the post!

Comment

good reminder--I've been slipping lately!

Comment

Good post control, although do u believe this EAT ALL U CAN strategy works for naturals as well as people on gear?

Comment

Originally posted by BadGenCD
                  Good post control, although do u believe this EAT ALL U CAN strategy works for naturals as well as people on gear?
                  I know it does because it worked for me back when I was natural (you know, when dinosaurs ruled the earth). One thing I should mention though, if you're already fat you should get in decent shape before you start trying to bulk. Otherwise, well, you'll get fatter....

Comment

good point, although i agree on eating a lot, don't you think there is a point where you're just taking in too much or no? I think there is a limit when you're nat to how much you can put on and how fast...so any more then like 1000 cals above maint would be kinda pointless..

Comment

Originally posted by BadGenCD
                      good point, although i agree on eating a lot, don't you think there is a point where you're just taking in too much or no? I think there is a limit when you're nat to how much you can put on and how fast...so any more then like 1000 cals above maint would be kinda pointless..

Well, the period of time when I grew the most was when I was in the army. I didn't keep track of calories cuz I was eating at the chow hall 4 times a day so I really had no way to know how many clories I was eating. I just ate as much as I could. As long as there was meat in it, I ate it (I avoided sugar though). Not the most scientific approach, but I went from 160 to 220 in about 2 years, and I wasn't ripped but I wasn't a lard-ass either.

Comment

Now this sounds like a diet I would be willing to follow, instead of all that no fat disgusting crap they say you should eat.
                        But do you think it's still okay to eat as much as you can no matter what it is if you only have the time to train 3 times a week?

Comment

btw I forgot to ask, does creatine also make you stronger or does it hust pump up your muscle volume, because if it just makes your muscles look bigger I assume it's not useful to use it while you're still eating fat???

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                            Now this sounds like a diet I would be willing to follow, instead of all that no fat disgusting crap they say you should eat.
                            But do you think it's still okay to eat as much as you can no matter what it is if you only have the time to train 3 times a week?
                            3 times a week? Totally. You can grow huge training twice a week, as long as you're training is intense and heavy and you eat and sleep enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                              btw I forgot to ask, does creatine also make you stronger or does it hust pump up your muscle volume, because if it just makes your muscles look bigger I assume it's not useful to use it while you're still eating fat???

The only legal supplements I take are protein, vitamins, taurine, milk thistle, ALA, and liver tabs. The first time I took creatine I got great results, but I've tried it a dozen times since and it hasn't done shit for me. Go figure....

Comment

Working...
                              X