No announcement yet.

Fried food 'fine for heart' if cooked with olive oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you must ask what heating evoo does to its taste, it is unlikely you have the discerning palate to worry about it. So carry on with you uncultured ways.

Comment

What do you know about food carrot eater! :D

Comment

Ya you can..love fried catfish filets in extra virgin olive oil. Breaded with plain old corn meal and a dash of salt..

Comment

Philistines... is there anyone alive in this cultural wasteland? :disagree:

Comment

I cook everything with olive oil. That being said I am careful not heat the pan too much cause it burns the oil, turns dark and gross.

I didnt know food could be deep fried in olive oil due to the maximum temp threshold in olive oil.

Comment

EVOO is only meant for light sautéing and for dressing and cold foods. You cam certainly fry using olive oil but you should use refined olive oil. EVOO breaks down at high temperature and loses it's taste. Evidently some people lack the taste buds to figure this out :retard:

Comment

There is a theory that when out breaks down at high temp olive oil turns bad for you, full of radicalls, bit like eating burnt toast.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                  EVOO is only meant for light sautéing and for dressing and cold foods. You cam certainly fry using olive oil but you should use refined olive oil. EVOO breaks down at high temperature and loses it's taste. Evidently some people lack the taste buds to figure this out :retard:
                  Sautéing is cooking you asshole!!

Wtf you think I am talking about? Turning the stove to high and Fucken blazing the chicken?

I don't cook with any oil any more but I'd I did I wouldn't fry shit.

Comment

Anything involving high temperatures (frying is certainly a candidate) is a no-no with EVOO. Perfectly fine with refined olive oil. This is really cooking 101 here.

Comment

You are double talking. Do you know the definition of sautéing? You said in your post above evoo is fine for sautéing. I suggest you look up its definition dipshit.

Comment

I'm a bit mystified at why you are being argumentative here. All I am saying is that you shouldn't heat EVOO to high temperatures, regardless of how you cook. If your cooking involves high temperatures, you are better off using refined olive oil. That's all.

Comment

Because you are being argumentative and talking down to anyone who cooks with evoo other then you see fit.

I am simply showing you that what you see fit is incorrect. Nobody is arguing about the fact that evoo should not be used when cooking with high heat. This about being able to cook chicken perfectly fine with evoo. You put down my taste buds and I have to educate you.

Boom lights out. http://consumers.californiaoliveranc...-fry-food-yes/

Comment

Well, actually you guys started it by extolling the virtues of your cooking chops ("we are the only skilled chefs here"). All I did was to point out that any chef worth his salt would know where to use EVOO and where not to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
                              Well, actually you guys started it by extolling the virtues of your cooking chops ("we are the only skilled chefs here"). All I did was to point out that any chef worth his salt would know where to use EVOO and where not to.
                              Yes and as you pointed out, sautéing is perfectly fine with evoo, so I guess I am worth my salt.

Now back to the other thread, I got more fun facts about atoms for ya! Lmao

Comment

You're taking yourselves too serious; go rub some evoo on each others peckers and relax.

Comment

Working...
                                X