Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef protein/fat

The 5 Best High-Protein Cuts Of Steak - Bodybuilding.com

Interesting read. My guesses were 100% off lol.

Comment

I found it informative.

Comment

Just so happens I'll be going to the grocery in a couple hours. Have to keep my eye out for some of those. :)

Comment

Nothing against the article but I am curious if the fat calories listed are based on raw or cooked. I'm guessing most likely raw.

I get flank steak from costco all the time. You get 2 large pieces for under $30. Just plan enough ahead to marinate it properly, cook it medium rare and make sure to carve it agaisnt the grain and that streak is always great.

Rally with any of those lean cuts it all comes down to tenderizing/marinating it properly and not over cooking it and they can all taste good.

Comment

Yea I get the flank from costco too. I cut it into super thin pieces and marinate it over night. Best shit ever. I think skirt is the same as flank no?

Comment

Similar but they are different cuts of meat with different flavors and tenderness.

Flank is cheaper and tougher with less flavor.

Marinate the two, grill and it's night and day difference.

Comment

Good read, I knew eye round was lean, there is hardly any marbling in it, but like they say, it can be tough. I will slice it into cuts and then use a meat mallet to tenderize it. another good marinade I like to break down meats is soy, lemon juice or pineapple juice(preference) and ketchup....the citric acids in the fruits can really breakdown meat, let it marinate for 12-24 hours and slow grill it or slice it up and pan cook it, and it is damn good!

Comment

I thought more steaks then that were ok. Learn something new...I love me some porterhouse.

Comment

Good article. I just hardly ever eat any type of red meat, usually about once or twice a month.

Comment

Not much of a red meat eater either. I'll have a good steak at a restaurant maybe once or twice a year. If I'm eating red meat at home its usually extra lean ground beef mixed with rice, onion, green pepper and some tomato sauce.

Nothing less then 90% for me. If you add sauce and veggies while its still pink and finish it off like that it will stay moist.

Comment

Yea I don't even eat beef much either. I'd rather eat chicken though. Doesn't keep my belly full and I'm able to eat more comfortably. Anytime I eat red meat, I feel bloated/heavier in the belly, don't like that feeling at all.

I do like to make those lean beef patties I've updated in my diet thread. That's about as much meat/beef I eat.

Comment

Working...
                        X