Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Protein Diet Is Not Dangerous - Harvard University

Study
    The researchers gathered and collated data from the Nurses Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-up Study. That gave them data on 131,342 participants who had been followed for several decades.

Results
    The more energy the participants derived relatively speaking from animal proteins, the greater their risk of dying, as the figure below shows, but you can see that the increase in mortality risk was very small.

The participants with the highest animal protein intake had a three percent higher mortality risk than the participants with the lowest protein intake. Three percent is minimal.

For the nitpickers among us: the increase in mortality risk translated above all into an increased risk of fatal cardiovascular disease.

It is so that a diet that is high in animal protein is often associated with an unhealthy lifestyle. No, we're not talking about natural bodybuilders and paleo diet adepts. These people are often health freaks. But in others a diet containing high amounts of animal protein is often accompanied by unhealthy lifestyle factors such as overweight, high alcohol consumption, smoking, high unhealthy fat intake and high blood pressure, to name but a few factors.

Thats why the researchers looked again at the relationship between premature mortality and the consumption of animal proteins, but this time they split the participants into a group with a healthy lifestyle and a group with at least one unhealthy lifestyle factor. When they did this it emerged that the small negative health effect of a high animal-protein intake was only found in the latter group.

Conclusion
    "Although higher intake of animal protein was associated with higher mortality [...], these associations were confined to participants with at least 1 lifestyle risk factor", the researchers concluded.

"Substitution of plant protein for animal protein, especially from processed red meat, may confer a substantial health benefit. Therefore, public health recommendations should focus on improvement of protein sources."

And are in addition I also started at dnp that stuff is working phenomenally

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tharrah View Post
      And are in addition I also started at dnp that stuff is working phenomenally

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

Comment

I love your article I'm actually following that which is worked out excellent for me with doing what you have written about along with what I'm actually taking I lost a quick 50 pounds in 30 days

Comment

I love your article I'm actually following that which is worked out excellent for me with doing what you have written about along with what I'm actually taking I lost a quick 50 pounds in 30 days

50lbs in 30 days. Lol.

Comment

Nice job, keep it up :thumup:

Comment

Scrum get on that protein diet.

Comment

Originally posted by TrapsBrah View Post
                Scrum get on that protein diet.
                I already have about 1-1.2 g per lb of bodyweight. That's more than enough.

Comment

50 lbs. In 30 days....DAMNNNNNNNN

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                    50 lbs. In 30 days....DAMNNNNNNNN
                    Didn't happen. If somehow it did happen he now has the skin of a neopoliton mastiff.

This is why you must do things correctly and not rushed.

People take years and years to get obese and then suddenly they want it all gone in a month. Stupid. How about don't eat like a pig for 20 years straight to begin with...

Comment

Working...
                    X