which protein to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which protein to take?

I'm currently taking muscle milk protein, but i'm alomost empty and i was wondering if i should continue taking it or switch to different protein because i'm looking to gain some mass. muscle milk says it helps an individual not to store any unwanted fat but i thought if u wanted to bulk up then you had to have some fat. I'm confused as to what to take right now and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

I like pro rated or nectar myself.

Comment

Optimum is supposed to be good, I haven't found one I 'love' yet

Chris

Comment

There are lots of different types of protein powders go for the one that best suits your diet. I always look for a good value for many and a good taste.

Comment

whey and egg proteins have a really good rate of absorption and usage by the body.

Comment

Just remeber that it is a supplement. You should still eat plenty of real food. As far as powders you cant go wrong with any of the advise above.

Comment

i wouldnt look too far for protein, any 100% whey is good, whats important is eating alot of chicken beef , red meat, turkey, thats most important, cant beat that

Comment

thanks guys, i really appreciate the info.

Comment

go with Optimum Nutritions 100% Whey Brother,its only $22 4 a 5 lb jug at supplementwholesaler.com. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zachpolo
                    go with Optimum Nutritions 100% Whey Brother,its only $22 4 a 5 lb jug at supplementwholesaler.com. Good Luck!
                    I use Optimun as well for protein suppl. It also has glutamine in the mix too, which is a plus. For MR's I prefer SciFit.

Comment

If you are looking for quality and better absorption, go with any protein that is 100% whey isolate like Isopure or Opti-pro. For all you Optimum fans, it's nothing but cheap whey concentrate which usually has a ton of lactose and you may be lucky if you absorb 60% of what you think you are getting. If the price seems too good to be true, you are probably not getting much protein. I doubt very seriously if a company could stay in business if they offered a high quality product at those prices.
                      If you are looking for taste, muscle milk is one of the best because it has some good fat and a few carbs and the quality of the protein is decent.

Comment

Working...
                      X