creatine cause joint pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creatine cause joint pain?

Anyone had joint pain (neck stiffness, shoulder pain) while taking creatine? My lifter / doctor friend said he stopped taking it due to these symptoms.

I've never heard of it. I would think creatine would help joints since it causes water retention not only in the muscles but in the joints. This would add flexibility. At any rate, if your joints hurt, go to walmart and get some glucosamine. It's cheap and it helps, just give it about 2 weeks to kick in.

Comment

Yeah never heard of that either try streching a little before you get started

Comment

it might be the water retention, combined with dehydration that's causing the aches, even in the joints. since creatine shuttles so much extra water to the muscles, you need more to adequately keep the body hydrated, your metabolism up and running, and keep the joints lubricated. some people find they have to drink insane amounts of water while on creatine, i've heard as much as 2.5 gallons a day.

Comment

I never had that prob. Is that all you are taking?

Comment

yeah, just creatine until friday when i started gh and test/ deca stack.. talked to ed doctor of mine and he had the same problem...(with creatine that is)! off creatine since friday and not so much improvement yet. still have alot of tightness in neck and shoulders

Comment

I'm still cnsidering taking it...

Comment

Working...
              X