Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!

OK, I have been hitting the gym hard everyday for 5 months and I haven't noticed much of a change. I am a 19 year-old male, 6'0 166 lbs. I would like to get up to 200 lbs by the end of the year. Is there any supplements anyone could recomend that could help me put on muscle weight? Any kind of special diet? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

No special diet, just a good one. It is now the middle of May, itd be VERY difficult, Id venture to say impossible to put on 34lbs by the end of the year. Work on adding lean muscle, its going to take more than 5 months ion the gym, hell, if it were that easy, everyone would do it.

Comment

Yeah 34lbs is alot to put on in that short of time, I would say just eat, eat , eat then when your done eat some more.

Comment

yeah, 34 pounds is quite a bit. my stats are very similar to yours, and i have also been working out for about 6 months. allthough my bench has gone up around 50 pounds, i have only gained about 10. if your metabolism is anything like mine, it seems like you could eat all day and not gain a pound. my only advice is to eat alot of healthy foods. i mean alot, if you dont feel like your going to puke from being so full, eat more. im also taking creatine. it causes a little water retention but looking a little bulkyier than you are dosnt seem so bad to me. dunno, thats just my thoughts on it

sekc

Comment

What they said is exactly right. As far as supps. Whey protien is the big one, possibly a wheight gaine such as n-large( if you dont want to make your own), Creatine. Like the other said eat good. Olive, fish and flax seed oils, peanut butter, nuts alot of protien and good carbs at the right time.

Comment

Re: Need Help!

Originally posted by Legend Killer
            OK, I have been hitting the gym hard everyday for 5 months and I haven't noticed much of a change. I am a 19 year-old male, 6'0 166 lbs. I would like to get up to 200 lbs by the end of the year. Is there any supplements anyone could recomend that could help me put on muscle weight? Any kind of special diet? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Lots of chicken and oatmeal. Eat like it's your job. Supplements are just that- supplements. A great diet is probably about 70% of the iron game. Look up dieting info in the nutrition section. Get plenty of sleep because that's when your body releases GH and rebuilds damaged tissues. You need to be careful not to overtrain either because that could hinder your gains as much as not training and not eating. Muscle growth doesn't happen in the gym, it happens later, while at rest.

Don't concern yourself so much with actual weight gain as much as size. Take weekly measurements of your arms, chest, legs, etc... Keep a training journal and list your excercises/weights used/reps, etc. Training trends will become evident over time and it will be easier to make necessary adjustments to continue making gains. Heavy weight and low reps (5-8 rep range) force the body to build new muscle but make sure you are using proper form to get the most of your training and to prevent injury. You can check out how different excercises should be properly performed at this link.

Post your above question over on the Superior Muscle training section for more help on this issue. Good luck!

:D

Comment

Working...
            X