Muscle Sparring - What To Use ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Sparring - What To Use ?

I'm new to PH's as I did a short cycle 12/03 of 1-AD. I wasn't watching calories and trained hard. Very noticible strenght increases from the cycle.

I have searched around on this forum and I am still lost a bit on the best PH's to take while on a low calorie, low carb, high protein diet. I'm 4 weeks in on following the "Radical Diet" - basically 1000 calories a day. I have lost 20lbs and need to drop 20 more. Before I launch my assualt of getting back into shape, I am focusing on dropping fat. I havnet lost to much muscle or strenght yet.

I want to do a 4-6 week cycle with my diet. Need recommendations on which PH's to take on a low calorie. low carb regiment.

I guess I'm looking for high anabolic, low aromatizing stuff ?? Correct ??

How do you know that you haven't lost much muscle? Don't concentrate on losing pounds because muscle is more dense than fat and weighs more than fat. You are likely to be losing muscle because you are putting your body in a catabolic state. You can raise your metabolism by weight training. As you build muscle, your muscles burn energy more efficiently and it is easier to maintain fitness. Learn about basal metabolic rates and nutrient timing. Eat carbs in the am and taper them off through the day. Keep a high protein level throughout the day and divide it between smaller more frequent meals. You'll also need to include essential fatty acids (good fats) into your diet too. Keep a daily meal journal and write down everything you plan to eat for the next day and stick with it. Fitness is all about self-discipline and anyone can do it if they put their mind to it. It just takes education on how to do it. That's where we can help.

Fat is dropped by getting diet nailed down (this means the timing of your meals, as well as what you eat) and cardio work. 1kcal ED doesn't sound very healthy, hence it's name the "radical diet", I guess. AAS/PH won't help you lose fat if you don't have the nutrition part nailed down first. They are not miracle drugs that you can just take and see magnificent results with. They "enhance" a nutritional and training regimen.

It is likely that without any advanced knowledge of weight loss, you will not know how to maintain your new weight and thus, you'll be caught on the see-saw of losing fat and gaining it back. Look into our nutrition section here on this website and read, read, read. You will be amazed at what you may find out. Figure out which types of food are healthy and which ones will set back your goals. You might want to look into carb cycling or HIIT. You can do a search in the nutrition and training forums for that. Read everything you can about that stuff and then if you need help, just ask. Don't take this the wrong way- I just want you to understand that there is no healthy shortcuts to fat loss. It takes hard work and discipline- AAS/PH probably aren't for you at this point. Welcome to Superior Muscle and enjoy everything that we have to offer. ;)

**EDIT**
    It would be easier to help you if we had some stats on you. Stuff like age, training experience, post your diet for others to look at and possibly make suggestions, include WHY you need to lose 20 more pounds. Is it to make a specific weight requirement or do you estimate that's what you need to lose to attain a certain appearance? Male or female? The more info the more specific advice people can give you.
    Last edited by Primal Instinct; 06-28-04, 05:47 AM.

Comment

For muscle sparring, i'd go with creatine, lots of glutamine 30-40g's, and amino acids, using a product like animal nitro would benefit you

Comment

Dont waste your money on glutamine however. Vitamin C has been shown time and time again to suppress cortisol, which is determental to muscle, so you may want to add it in.

Comment

glutamine really is a case of the individual, I know how you feel about it YJ, but personally I love it and I feel it works. The best way is to try it

Comment

Originally posted by bigpump23
            glutamine really is a case of the individual, I know how you feel about it YJ, but personally I love it and I feel it works. The best way is to try it
            Not really. People use the "its an individual" thing as a scapegoat. There is no evidence that it effects ANYONE, but maybe a couople AIDS patients. Its the simple fact glutamine isnt even absorbed that makes it useless to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
              Not really. People use the "its an individual" thing as a scapegoat. There is no evidence that it effects ANYONE, but maybe a couople AIDS patients. Its the simple fact glutamine isnt even absorbed that makes it useless to everyone.
              No, the whole individual depends on the person, I can't speak for anyone except my self but I noticed that I recover from my work outs alot better when I use glutamine then when i don't. I've read the studies and I understand your argument but I think it has a place and that is for each person to decide

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Guess I needed to post more info - just wanted a quick response on PH's good for low calorie diets etc.

Here goes -

Height: 6'2"
                Weight: 250 (was 270 a month ago - very fat lol)
                Training Experience: 22 years
                1985 to 90 I did the "roid" thing and competed on a local and state level (2nd place was highest I ever got)
                Actually I was in the best shape of my life in the early 90's when I wasn't juicing hard (go figure).
                Now that 250 is probably 25% (compared to 6 or 7% back then) bodyfat now and I'm looking to shed it quickly and then build back up. I have tried to shed slowly but I have always had problems losing fat.
                I have tried all the famous diets (including Duchaine's famous Body Opus, which by the way, worked damn good). Because of family and career I dont have a lot of time to spend in the gym with lifting and especially cardio but I am slowly increasing this.

Yes, I know 1000 cals a day is ludicrous but I am losing weight for the first time in years and my body measurements are shrinking - I'm down to a 38 inch waist but arms are holding fast at 18 1/2. So it seems I'm not losing as much muclse as I thought I would on this diet. I got the diet from Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale and it's basically low carb low calorie. with 250 cals coming from a low carb MRP. I take BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine along with L-Carnitine and Mutli Vi's.

I rememebr back in the "old" days the "gear" (I guess thats the new lingo) worked best for Low Calorie diets - best ones for Muscle Sparring. So I am looking for the best legal one's now to try. I think by reading so far I know but wanted opinions, i.e., 1-Ad, 1-TEST and maybe Methyl-Dien etc.

Sorry, for the rambling - can you make any suggestions now ? I am going to continue this "radical" diet until I'm 220. I will then get on a regular ol' high proteing BB type diet and start putting on size.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bigpump23
                  No, the whole individual depends on the person, I can't speak for anyone except my self but I noticed that I recover from my work outs alot better when I use glutamine then when i don't. I've read the studies and I understand your argument but I think it has a place and that is for each person to decide
                  God bless placebo I guess. Hard to believe it helps when its simply turned to glucose.

Comment

Well two things I will point out for u.

U stated 1-AD and 1-Test:

1-AD is just 1 testosterone not converted fully yet.
                    1-Testosterone is a legit steroid, not illegal due to a certain loophole(s) and grey area.

The newest PH right now, which it is actually an anabolic steroid is Methyl-1-Testosterone, or M1T.

The "Methyl" compound has been added to the steroid 1-test to make it very available to ur body, and stop the liver from breaking it down. This compound along with 99% all other PHs are most likely going to be off the shelves in a month+ time due to a ban thats alrdy passed through the House.

Anyway:

M1T is fairly cheap, works great at 10-20mg a day, proper PCT is needed, it is 100% legit legal and steroid for now. Milk thistle is suggested and maybe some Ala/r-ala/ Hawthorne Berry to lower blood pressure, a side effect of this drug.

Sides: Lower back pains (Take lots of potassium to get rid of) High blood pressure, Acne, mood swings, and some ppl dont re-act well and even get the flu like symptoms. Also Lethargy! This can be avoided by stacking it with a type of 4AD. So far im on my 3rd/4th day of 10 mg a day of m1t, ive never done real gear, only a cycle of 1-ad and a 19/4nor stack b4. I hvnt experienced any sides at all, and have gained 4 pounds in 3 days. (Most likely water weight, but shows effectivness)

M1T is mainly used for bulking/massing up. Works well. But others have sucessfully used it for leaning out/cutting up, keeps ur metab up, test lvls up, and another reported side effect is lowered appetite while taking it.

People often come out with 8-10++ pounds of tru muscle while on M1T, but plz do ur research b4 u jump on it ;)

Besides that:

Methyl-Dien

Not a whole lot can be said, I used a short cycle of it and noticed some hardness/vascularity improvments for sure, but couldnt tell u if it aids in cutting BF. Reported much of what I have, its usefull for some finishin up touches.

A caffeine/Ephedra stack...who knows what else....the world of supplement products.... GL

Comment

Originally posted by Kashi63
                      Thanks for the responses. Guess I needed to post more info - just wanted a quick response on PH's good for low calorie diets etc.

Here goes -

Height: 6'2"
                      Weight: 250 (was 270 a month ago - very fat lol)
                      Training Experience: 22 years

Sorry, for the rambling - can you make any suggestions now ? I am going to continue this "radical" diet until I'm 220. I will then get on a regular ol' high proteing BB type diet and start putting on size.

Thanks!

Kashi63,

Assuming that you're healthy other than being overweight, go order a bottle or two of Dermabolics' S1+ (1-Test + 4AD transdermal) and get the Anarchy Stack or a good ECA stack to alternate with some Clenbuterol/liquid Clenbuterol from Lionnutrition.com for weightloss. Use the S1+ twice a day everyday for 6 weeks and alternate the Anarchy Stack with the Clen 2 weeks on one then the other. Do a search in this forum and you'll be all set. Good luck. :cool:

Comment

Thanks PI !

I went to Lionnutrition.com looking for the Clen and didn't find it there - maybe they discontinued.

I was considering S1 so glad you recomended it. I checked out power nutrition, cool site. I saw Oxanavar there and wondered what you or anyone else thought about it.

Yes, ahve been going through this site to learn, it's been a while as I have been "out of it" for sometime (since 95) and can't believe all the stuff thats available (legally) but that might not be for long.

Thanks again and thanks to others for their posts!

Comment

Id put a hold on the Clen, I dont think you need anything that potent yet.

Comment

I disagree with YJ. If you looked at 100% of all members on all boards 9 out of 10 will be using glutamine. This includes owners, admins, mods, vets, etc. They can't all be wrong. I'll stick with my glutamine.

Comment

What dose Anarchy Stack Do? beside using the Dermabolics' S1+ (1-Test + 4AD transdermal).

Comment

Working...
                              X