need lots of advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need lots of advise

hello everone i needed some direction in what supplements i need to start with in lifting im 26 170lb just starting im pretty active playing sports so im not a couch potato just never except for highschool lifted weights just got into a gym plan on having a personal trainner for awhile

I would say, Get some Protein, ton of food, and make sure your diet is clean. You can add up some creatine after a while of working out. Most likely if you get a personal trainer they will tell you but, a lot of the time is their sale pitch to make you buy stuff so just asks the guys here what you should use. Give them your stats so it can be better to work with you.

For me starting working out was base on protein, weight gainer, and creatine but that is cause I can't put in a lot of calories so I use weight gainer to add up that bit of calories I needed. Any how see what others got to say. My stats right now is

Height: 6"0
    Weight: 160
    Fat: 9.5%

So pretty much I am not far from you bro. Right now my main thing is fixing my diet, workout forms and takes no less than 3 protein shakes a day to build up. Take some creatine for strength before workout and right after workout.
    Just a little beginner’s advice from an armature.

Good Luck!

Comment

Also starting out bro, don't forget your vitamins. You should probably be taken a solid multi-vit, vitamin c, b-complex, and other anti-oxidants ie vitamin e, etc. Once you have your nutrition, training, REST, and basic supplementation down, then it's time to move up if you wish to do so.

Comment

Theo this is the place to be:

Like states above, eating is key. PPl usually think eating alot causes fat gain. It may a little but its worth the return of the extra muscle mass/growth u will experience. Do ur best to get at least 3,000 cals a day since ur just starting out. Get lots of protein, id say go buy a good weightgainer shake from ur local sup store, or just somewhere online. It will give u lots of extra cals and proteins/vitamins ect. Start out at 1g of protein per pound of body weight. So get 170 grams throughout the day. More is just icing on the cake ;) Split up ur protein shakes, get a few in a day so u reach 170g and make sure to get at least one right after ur workout because thats when ur insulin lvls r at their peak.

Also get some basic creatine monohydrate, or u can buy a b it upgraded version like cell tech if u want, but cell tech has alot of sugar. Take ur creatine right after ur workout in lots of water.

Multi Vitamins are great. Just go buy a solid one and take one a day!

Besides that, lift hard, dont overtrain, push urself to ur limits, LOTS of water, increase weight every workout.

Good Luck bro. If u have any questions just ask. Also if u see products that intrest u, ask before u buy them, ull never believe how much info this board can supply u for better decisions.

Comment

Another thing that I would advise you to do in addition to the great objective feedback that you have gotten from viral, make sure that change your eating habbits. I like you am 26 and recently wieghed in around 180 now I am 220, make sure that you keep your calories high around 3000-3100 per day Muscle Milk from CytoSport is a great tasting high caloric shake. I would increase your protien to around 240-250 though. Change your eating habits so that you are now eating 5-6 times a day to speed up your metabolism then the extra calories will burn themselves with just a few extra minutes of cardio a week.As far as your personal trainer goes try and get a deal on like ten sessions so that you can use five one week to show you one routine then three or four weeks later meet with him again to have them show you another routine, you need to switch it up a little to work the mynute muscles you rarely use. Try this and see if it works for you the following meal plan may work as well for you as it has for me.Keep me updated on you progress though.

Meal #1 Protien Carbs Fat Calories

53.7 105 5.3 675

Meal #2 21 45 18 411

Meal#3 15 83 1.1 414

Meal #4 35 120 38 943

Meal#5 15 83 1.1 414

Meal#6 21 85 1 416
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          Total 161 522 65 3277
          Last edited by Liftheavy; 07-12-04, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X