Chromium Picolinate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromium Picolinate

Chromium, a trace mineral, is essential to the body's production of insulin. Insulin is a hormone that stabilizes the body's blood sugar level. Research shows that chromium is an essential part of our diet. It can have many beneficial results when supplemented.

It enhances insulin's effect in the body, improving the uptake of glucose, thereby causing better blood circulation and maintenance of blood sugar level. Evidence also supports chromium's ability as a cholesterol and atherosclerosis fighter. Gaining energy, burning fat, and building muscle with greater ease are attributed to chromium, to name a few. It assists the body in losing weight by helping it to build muscle to replace fat. Lowering body fat and increasing lean body mass are just a few of the positive properties that chromium exhibits on the body. Research shows that supplementation also has some age slowing effects and therefore can increase the life span!

--- alright you vets out there, any word on this stuff ? I tried running a search and found no info so just wondering what was out there for info. It's like 5 bucks a bottle dirt cheap.. was thinking of just throwing it in the mix with the rest of the daily stuff.

read info on your multi vitamin bottle, should have about 100-200 mcg's almost all of them do

might as well try it, used it for years and think it did what claimed, my doc though who had 2 surgeries with and is one of best ever found, thinks it's bad, something to do with affecting blood

like most stuff everyone reacts different

Comment

There used to be tons of articles about this in Muscle and Fitness (almost every edition) in the mid 90's. It was supposed to be excellent with regards to insulin production and aiding in rebuilding amino acids lost during workouts etc - something along those lines - it has been a long time since I read the articles but I have been taking it ever since.

Comment

my multi-vit has 350mcg

Comment

Working...
        X