protein powder question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protein powder question?

When it comes to packing on MASS what is the best choice for protien weight gainers, Im looking for major calories and protien together, I have been using N-large2 but want a change? Let me know what are my best choices that work best for all of you.........:D

dorian yates pro-peptide

Comment

i hope people will agree with me if i say weight gainers are good for packing on FAT... if you want mass, start shoveling some rice, yams, oatmeal, redmeat etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        i hope people will agree with me if i say weight gainers are good for packing on FAT... if you want mass, start shoveling some rice, yams, oatmeal, redmeat etc...
        I will certainly agree...

commercial weight gainers are garbage, Make your own, or use the aforementioned advice.

Comment

most weight gainers just fill you up

thats it

Comment

If you really want a shake to drink easily, MHP makes one of the best mass gaining shakes I've seen (in terms of nutrient profile). It's called Up Your Mass. It has a mix of casein and whey proteins and also has lots of low glycemic index carbs with only 1.5gms of sugar (and 10.5gms of fiber!). Thats the only weight gainer I have seen that really offers quality carbs and protein.

Comment

i heard sumwhere that your body can only use 35 grams of protein at a time, is there any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eisenfaust
                most weight gainers just fill you up

thats it
                Agreed. This kid 17yrs who I occasionally lift with is uses some weight gainer. He got big. I thought he was gasin at first. I thought gainers were junk...they prb. are and hes got good genetics.

Comment

Two cups of natural (porridge) oats in a blender, top up with skimmed milk to one pint and blend. Roughly 1000 calories.

Go with a seperate whey shake for quality protien.

Comment

Originally posted by musotechy
                    Two cups of natural (porridge) oats in a blender, top up with skimmed milk to one pint and blend. Roughly 1000 calories.

Go with a seperate whey shake for quality protien.
                    That's alot of calories to consume at once. The body will only utilize what it needs at that time, and the rest will be stored away as fat. I'd keep any MRP down between 500-600 calories whether it be pre-mix from a company or a homeade recipe.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas, lately I have been using strawberry Nlarge-2 not bad for taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Dundee
                        Thanks for all the ideas, lately I have been using strawberry Nlarge-2 not bad for taste.
                        Well that will nlarge you, but with fat as well as muscle. It has a ton of sugar. I would be careful about using too many Nlarge shakes, unless its relatively soon after a workout.

Comment

Working...
                        X